Prologue

For the longest time, all she could hear was a defeaning silence. One that made her want to scream despite her body being immobile. It almost felt like she had been falling for hours and for some reason, she couldn't recall what had happened for her to be in this situation.

The last thing she could remember was loud sirens and the pain that spread throughout her body. Did she die? Was this death? Or was it just a nightmare?

"Wake up, Leopold."

A woman's voice brought her out of her trance and her eyes slowly opened, only to be blinded by a light. She squinted as they slowly adjusted, only to realize that the woman's silhouette was the only thing lighting up the darkness around them.

"Who are you, lady? And why are you glowing?" She asked slowly, her voice suprisingly calm despite the situation. She could only assume that this was another one of her bizarre dreams.

"Leopold. I've been waiting for you."

The woman's strong voice echoed, making Leo jump. "Uh. That's not creepy at all. Who are you and where am I?" She asked again as a glowing hand was placed on her shoulder. Almost instantly, warmth spread throughout her body, welcoming her within its embrace.

"You can call me Hi no Tori or Hi no Kami. You'll be my vessle. We are within my domain. You died on August 16, 2022 at 12:08 pm."

Leo instantly pulled away and took a few steps back. "Yeah, no. I'm good." She said as she started to walk away, only to get pulled back by an unknown force. She felt more light envelope her body as arms wrapped around her from behind.

"When you wake up, you won't remember this encounter until I've recovered enough energy to give you your memories back. I'll be resting dormant within you, the only way to access my power is to call my name. Until you complete your missions, you will be stuck within this new world."

Leo was appalled and starting to get creeped out but she didn't have time to dwell on the spoken words as pain spread throughout her body. "Motherfucker!" She cursed as her vision started to go black. "I swear to Lord Jashin, lady! Keep your voodoo magic shit to yourse-"

She never really got to finish her sentence.