8. Her Admirer

Obanai's training was insufferable. She regretted it but she couldn't go back now.

He was a sadist. It was proved by the amount of bruises that littered her body and the sadistic look he gave her. One that showed that he enjoyed her pain. She wasn't surprised, honestly. She kind of deserved it for blackmailing him into training her and this was his way of getting back at her.

The sun began to set in the distance as she laid in the Serpant Pillars backyard, sprawled out and out of breath. He stood a few feet away, unfazed and perfectly fine. She hadn't been able to land a single blow on him and she was thrown on her ass before she could even get within five feet of hitting range from him.

It was too hard.

No.

It was impossible.

She was fully convinced that these people weren't human. They were God's or something.

Don't categorize me with a mere human, human.

Leo groaned quietly and sat up before noticing a crow flying head first in her direction. She could only stare as it's silhouette got bigger and bigger.

It crashed into her face with a squawk, a few feathers scattering around. She pulled the bird away and glared, coughing up a few feathers. Obanai didn't really know what to do, of course he had sensed the bird coming but decided not to do anything about it.

Attached to the bird's foot was a small letter. She hesitated before grabbing the paper and unfolding it, reading the Kanji that was engraved in ink.

'I didn't know it took 8 hours to go grocery shopping.'

Leo instantly paled, making Obanai walk towards her to see what had gotten her all anxious. He read the note and looked briefly at her for an explanation.

"Sanemi's gonna kill me." She muttered.

"I assume you're staying in his residence?" The serpant pillar inquired as the girl nodded.

"So anyways Iguro. Wanna go shopping?" She asked, wiggling her fingers as he stared down at her in disgust.

"And be seen with you? No thanks." He said flatly as she deflated.

"Come on Igurororororo row row row your boat gently down the streaaa-"

"Don't address me in such a way. You speak to me formally. We aren't equals." He said lowly.

Leo thought for a moment, trying to recall all of the formally used names from a textbook she had found in a library. "Senpai?" She questioned, making him close his eyes and look away.

"Hmph."

"Okay Iguro-Senpai. Let's go shopping." Leo persuaded again as she stood up to her feet, following after him as he had already began walking away from her.

"I already said no."

----------

"So what should I get, Iguro-Senpai?" She asked, looking at the heterochromic eyed boy behind her. It was clear that he wasn't pleased but he had no choice but to give in after she brought up how he traumatized Dumpling.

"I don't care. Just hurry up."

Leo looked at all of the options before grabbing some Ohagi and placing it in the basket. She didn't exactly know what kind of ingredients she needed to get because she didn't know how to make any Japanese food. Cooking in general ended badly for her.