5. His Vision

This place gave her the creeps. Who sat in a dark, candlelit room in a circle? That's right. Cults.

Despite her negative outlook on everything, she decided to keep her mouth shut and hear this old man out about his weird vision. He seemed almost desperate to keep her there after she tried to sneak away only moments ago. Now since all of his so called children were in the room, surrounding Leo, he was more at ease with knowing she couldn't get away just yet. She had already been introduced to all of these so called 'pillars' but their names were too complex to be remembered.

"You know. This looks bad. Any normal person would think that you're all lunatics running a cult."

Kagaya decided to let that comment slide, instead changing the subject to a more important matter. "Leopold. You must be confused as to why you were brought here," He began, making her sit up straight. "You see, I was told that a foreign girl who went by 'Leopold'  would cross paths with us, one with the power to change the foreseeable future. You must have extraordinary abilities."

Leo was obviously flattered that he thought she was some cool, powerful being that could change the future. Of course, she wasn't. She was just a normal girl who got thrown into Japan territory.

But maybe she could use this to her advantage.

"Oh. Well, that's great and all but I have to get back home to my mom. So where's the nearest airport?"

Kagaya's expression fell into one of confusion. "Airport? What kind of structure is that? Is it the name of a town?"

Leo brushed off his confusion with a fake laugh. "Haha, very funny. But seriously, I wanna go home." She mused as anxiety started to build up within her.

Tengen looked down at the girl beside him, hearing her heart rate increase. He didn't say anything and instead looked back towards his master, wondering what they were talking about.

Kagaya ended up dismissing everyone for the time being, saying that he'd like to talk to Leopold one on one.

"I need the nearest transportation back to America." She fretted, scooting forward a little bit as her hands shook.

"I apologize. I'm unfamiliar with that name."

"Come on dude, this isn't funny."

"Perhaps I could write a letter to your mother, explaining your whereabouts so she doesn't worry."

Leo stared at him like he was stupid. "A letter? It's 2022. No one writes letters to people anymore, my mom would never even get it. The mail men are so unreliable sometimes."

This time, Kagaya's eyes went wide qnd he paused for a second. "2022? It's 1912..."

Leo froze up again, staring at him like he was crazy. "So there's this nice psych ward near my house. I think you'd enjo-"

Kagaya gestured for one of his daughters to bring a paper to him and he handed it towards Leo. Well, where he thought Leo was. He was kinda blind.

Leo moved forward and took the paper, her hands shaking as she read the contents. "Many casualties in the burning of a small..... town village....signed date....1912."