13. The Mist Pillar

Leopold dragged her feet the whole way towards the meet-up spot with the Mist Pillar, a weird looking bird guiding her towards a village. She had no idea how long she had been walking for but she was beyond tired, she felt like she was gonna drop at any moment now.

You've barely been walking.

Shut up. Don't judge me.

I can judge you if I want to

Ughhh

Leopold looked around, trying to spot the mist pillar as she weeved in between small crowds of people. Then she realized that she didn't even know which one the Mist pillar was. "Who am I looking for..." She muttered.

A boy who has long hair with turquoise ends. He's wearing the demon slayer uniform. You can't miss it.

Uhh okay. Where's the stone?

It should be around here somewhere. I can feel it.

That's weird.

Shut up.

She spotted a boy matching the description given to her, staring blankly up at the sky as he walked aimlessly past her. Her eyes widen at the fact that he didn't recognize her and quickly rushed up to match his steps. "Hey. Are you the Mist Pillar?" She asked as she turned her body so that she was walking backwards in front of him. She recognized him immediately from the pillar meeting.

"Huh? Who are you?" His soft voice asked as he stared blankly at her.

"I'm Leopold. Remember? From the meeting?" She asked as she waved her hands around wildly. He didn't seem phased

"No. I don't remember anyone like you." He said flatly as he attempted to walk past her. She blocked his way again. "We're paired up on this mission together, though. So you have to stay with me." She said again, mostly because she was scared to be alone. She wasn't strong at all, and Homura's powers took too much of a toll on her body.

"What's your name?" She asked him as he tilted his head while staring at her.

Everything went silent.

"Who are you?"

Leopold deflated at his question. "I'm Leopold. I'm your mission partner. What's your name?" She asked again, still calm.

"Muichuro Tokito." He answered. "Why were you partnered with me? You're weak." He said as he looked her up and down, she reeled back, offended at the truth that his allegations held.

"Kagaya-Sama. He said he'd sent you a letter." She informed. Muichiro stared up at the sky again with that same blank expression on his face. "I don't remember."

An irk mark appeared on her head as she let out a long sigh, catching his attention again. "...Who are you?"

Leopold nearly lost her shit. "Do you have a pea brain?! I just told you! I'm LEOPOLD. LEO-POld!" She said a little louder this time. He seemed mildly irritated at her attitude and grasped the collar of her shirt, lifting her off the ground and swaying her about.

"You should be respecting me. I'm a hashira. Who do you think you are?" He said pointedly as she kicked her feet around.

Leo grabbed a handful of his hair and tugged as he shook her relentlessly. To everyone around them it would look like two kids play fighting each other. That's why everyone just kept walking, minding their business. "Let go of my hair you puny woman." He snapped as he used his free hand to squeeze her hand that held his hair