10. Rengoku's Resolve

Chaos greeted her as soon as she opened her eyes. She jumped up from her seat and grabbed the nichirin blade out of her backpack that Kagaya had gifted her. Unfortunately, the blade didn't change color and she barely knew how to use it so the probability that this wouldn't end well was about 90%.

Enmu is located on top of this train. Find your way up.

But...what about everyo-

They'll be okay.

Leo slid out of her seat and crawled a few feet away before standing up to assess the situation. Rengoku had a girl pinned against the wall even though he was still asleep and Nezuko was trying to wake up her brother.

This wasn't good. She had to at least make it on top of the train before they woke up. She already knew that Tanjiro would tell her it was too dangerous since she didn't know how to fight. Besides, it wasn't like she could explain herself to him without exposing her mission.

Eventually after a lot of searching, she found a ladder that lead to the rooftop but it was on the exterior of the train.
The train shook soon after her discovery and weird mutated flesh started to coat the walls, inching towards her from every angle.

Now would be a good time to lend me your power-

Not yet

I'll die.

You won't.

Leo swung the nichirin blade down and cut through the flesh with slight difficulty, deciding to jump out of the nearest window when she heard Tanjiro's voice echoed from the cart behind her.

This wasn't good. She only had a few minutes to get the stone now.

Climb the ladder and head towards the front of the train.

Leo did as told, trying not to fall to her death. Her grip on the ladder was so tight that her knuckles began to turn white. "It's cold as shit out here." She muttered, feeling the cold wind nip at her neck. Her hair blew around wildly as she pushed herself up onto the rooftop, her grip loosened and her body was jerked to the side because of how fast the train was going.

I'm going to die up here. I'll go flying off of the train bro.

She didn't receive a response, making her grit her teeth and stand up. She fought against the harsh wind and made her way towards the shilouette standing a few carts up ahead. It was odd since she assumed she would be shaking in fear right about now but the fear of falling off the train was all she could think about.

Great. This is going to be awkward. Oh shit- he's turning around. I repeat- he's looking at me. Wait...is he a girl or a boy?

"You're awake.." Enmu's soft voice spoke out with wide eyes and a weird smile. "How did you wake up?"

Leo contemplated for a second, nearly slipping when the train shook again. Her amber eyes scanned his figure, looking for the stone. A small glimpse of blue reflected off of the moonlight and her eyes shot towards the necklace he had on.

That's it. You need to get your hands on it as soon as possible.

Got it.

Enmu tilted his head, noticing that she was just staring at him instead of answering his question. He lifted his hands up and shot her another smile. "Sleep."

Leo's eyes closed she began to fall forwards.

Awaken.

Leo's eyes snapped open and she regained her balance, drawing her nichirin blade. Enmu seemed to notice its lack of color because he burst out laughing.