12. Kicked Out

As soon as she entered the Shinazugawa Estate, she was glomped.

"You damn rat. I told you not to die." He said, squeezing her tightly against his chest. "Why didn't you tell me that you were awake? I would have come to get you."

Leo was confused.

"Did...I.....Am I dreaming?" She finally muttered out, limply wrapping her arms around the wind pillar despite her shock. Sanemi looked baffled for a second before shoving her off of him.

"I was only wondering because you're my responsibility." He said simply, crossing his arms.

Leo stared at him for a second and then slowly began to giggle, making him glare. "What's so funny, shitface?"

"Sanemi-Sama...you're starting to sound like a tsundere.." She began as he coiled back in disgust. "A what?" He spat, making her giggle again. "Anyway, I'm okay now. You don't have to worry."

"I wasn't worried." He defended, but she only nodded with a smile.

The pair conversed as they ate some food that sanemi prepared, catching up on the time that Leo had to spend in the hospital. He did occasionally ask her questions about the mission and scolded her for throwing herself in harms way. She was honestly kind of shocked that her abilities were never brought up. She was never confronted.

I made them forget. To them, you just threw yourself in front of the Flame Pillar and took the blow. My abilities remain a secret.

What about Akaza. Did you make him forget?

Unfortunately he still remembers. I didn't have time to erase his memory of it.

Shit

Sanemi noticed that she had zoned out and snapped his fingers in front of her a few times. "Oi. What's got you thinking so hard. You should be careful, you're head might burst."

Leo shot him a small glare while he only smirked and went back to eating. She knew that despite his harsh words, he wad glad to have her back.

After they finished eating, they got ready for bed and went their separate ways to their designated rooms. Leo sighed quietly as she stared at the ceiling, her arms resting comfortably under her head.

Any upcoming missions?

You will have a mission with the mist pillar tomorrow. You'll find another stone. This one will be yellow. It should be a relatively easy mission, this stone isn't within the grasp of a demon. It just happens to be in the area that the mist pillar is heading towards.

Oh...okay.

Leo closed her eyes, deciding to get as much rest as she could for the long day ahead of her.

When she opened her eyes, she was greeted with lavender irises inches away from her face. She inhaled quietly.

"I've been trying to wake your stupid ass up for twenty minutes! Someone's at the door for you!" He snapped, walking out of her room with a huff. Leo groaned quietly before sitting up, making her way towards the door with her slippers on.

What a drag. It's too early for this.

She slid opened the door and scratched the back of her head with a yawn. A body crashed into her own and she topped backwards with a yelp.

"Leo-Chan!" A cheery voice shouted, making her blink slowly at the blurred ceiling. "I missed you!"

Mitsuri pulled away momentarily to help Leo back onto her feet before hugging her tightly again. "Hey..Mitsu. What's up?" She asked tiredly. The pinkenette studied her face for a little bit with a small frown. "Did you just wake up, Leo-Chan? You look tired." Mitsuri said in a concerned tone. A small smirk made its way onto Leo's face as she wrapped her arms around the Love Pillars waist.

"Yes. I'm exhausted. We should cuddle." She said slyly as Mitsuri's face burned a bright red.

"You...wanna cuddle with me?" She asked quietly and Leo only nodded in response. "W..we can go to my estate then! Let's go!" She cheered, picking Leo up bridal style. Deciding to take an advantage of this moment, Leo rested her head against Mitsuri's chest and began to doze off.

Unbeknownst to her, the Love Pillar watched her sleep with fondness in her eyes.

A hissing sound woke the brunette up from her beauty rest and she instantly met the red eyes of Kaburamaru. "K...Kaburamachu..what are you doing here?" She muttered, scooping the snake up as she lifted herself into a sitting position. She noticed that she was in a foreign bedroom. The futon she had been laying in smelt like Mitsuri so she connected the dots and blushed a little bit.

Rising to her feet, she exited the room and followed the sound of quiet voices. She wasn't stupid, she knew Obanai was here. He was practically everywhere at this point and it was kind of annoying.

"Leo-Chan! You're awake!" Mitsuri smiled from where she sat across from the Serpant Pillar. Obanai turned around and looked at Leo with an unknown emotion in his eyes, she was just surprised that he wasn't glaring. Mitsuri pulled her into a tight hug before releasing her again.

"What's he doing here?" She questioned, jabbing her pointer finger in the direction of the heterochromic eyed male. This time, he did shoot her a glare.

"A-ah. Iguro-San came by to give me some mochi.." Mitsuri mumbled sheepishly.

"Oh. I thought you were cheating on me with him." She said making both of the hashira freeze. Obanai's eyes widen and Mitsuri was about to faint.

"E-eh? Leo-San b-but we're-"

"What did you just say?" Obanai said, cutting off Mitsuri as he stood up to walk towards Leopold. Leo stood her ground and flashed him a closed eyed smile.

"I said what I said."

Mitsuri shifted uncomfortably at the tension that was created.

"Iguro-San..Leo-Chan.."

Both of them turned to look at her simultaneously and she shrunk back. "Mitsuri. Let's go cuddle." Leo whined quietly as she reached out towards the brushing Love Pillar. Mitsuri squeaked but allowed Leo to latch herself onto her, hugging back.

Obanai was conflicted. He didn't know what to do. Was this normal or were they actually dating?

"Wait- no. We can't until you and Iguro-San learn to get along." Mitsuri suddenly declared, shoving both of them towards the door.

"EH?!" Leo shouted, trying to weasel her way back into the pinkenette's house.

Obanai was quick to grab the brunette by her collar, holding her in a firm grip as Mitsuri closed the door gently. "Look what you did Obanai!" Leopold accused, making him look down at her in disbelief. She quickly smacked his hands away and began to stomp off, him following closely behind.

"We should just get along." He suddenly muttered, making her freeze. Obanai pointed to the white snake which was still wrapped around Leopold's neck. "And give me Kaburamaru back."

Leo shook her head defiantly and rubbed her hand along the smooth reptilian skin of the snake. "He likes me." She muttered.

Obanai closed his eyes in annoyance.

"You're going to be the death of me."