9. Country Bumpkins

The mission came soon after that and so did the letter from Ubuyashiki, stating thst she would, in fact, be attending the mission.

She hadn't seen Kyojuro since that mishap with Dumpling.....

...

DUMPLING!

OH SHIT.

Leo didn't hesitate before jumping out of bed and down the hall. Sanemi called out for her, grabbing her shoulder before she could run out of the door. She was quick to slide on her sandals.

"Where are you going? You don't leave for your mission until noon." He said, staring at her blankly.

What happened to him not caring?

"Not that I care or anything." He added.

Leo rolled her eyes. "I have to go to Iguro's estate to get my hamster." She said simply as a look of confusion painted his intense features.

"What hamster?"

Oh yeah. I never told him.

"I got him with Senjuro a few days ago." She added. "His name is Dumpling Maximillion Leonardo Rengoku the third."

Sanemi was baffled to hear such a long name. "Senjuro as in Kyojuro's little brother?" He asked, making the girl nodded in response. "Why is he at Obanai's estate?"

Leo tensed up, making him narrow his eyes and cross his arms.

"Well I had to stop by for a little bit and Iguro bought him a cage so.."

It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either. If Sanemi found out about their training session, he'd probably get mad because then he'd know why the grocery shopping took so long.

"Whatever. I probably won't see your hideous face until you come back from your mission so...don't die." He said, balling up his fist to bonk her on her head gently before walking away. Leopold stared dumbfounded at his retreating figure.

She had to haul ass to get to Obanai's estate and was out of breath, waiting for him to answer the door after she knocked for the tenth time. Eventually, the door swung open to reveal a pissed off serpant pillar. He did a double take, seeing her messy appearance. "Why are you here." He demanded, glaring at her.

She let herself inside, despite Obanai's curses and threats. "I left Dumpling here." She informed, cutting him off.

He paused and looked away. "I know."

"You knew? Why didn't you tell me. It's been three days." She said simply, making him go quiet. "Is he still alive?"

"Of course he's still alive!" Obanai snapped before walking farther into his abode. He picked up a cage off of a nearby table and held it out to her. Dumpling was sleeping happily in a little bed near his exercise wheel. He looked a little plumper then when she last seen him.

"You've been stuffing him fat. Aw. You do care Senpai." She cooed, making Obanai glare again. She took the cage from him and he stared at her face blankly.

"What?" She asked, unconsciously rubbing her cheek to make sure there wasn't anything on there.

"Your hair. Why does it look like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you just took a swan dive off of a cliff."

"Cuz I did."

"..."

Leo didn't know how it happened but Obanai had brought it upon himself to take a brush to her hair, claiming that she couldn't leave his estate looking like that because people would get the wrong idea.