ELIJAH - 13

Chapter 13

THE COLD WINTER blows in my face. It's eleven in the evening and I'm still wide awake. I sigh as I look up in the sky imagining Reign's face to form in the stars.

It's been four years when I stay and study here in Stanford. But I still do think of her. The last time I saw her is when I bid goodbye— more like crying a river of tears. She's still unconscious when I left Philippines to go here in Stanford to study.

Mom and Dad will always told me and remind me that I shouldn't stop reaching my dreams. They even told me that I should encourage to study more so that when the times that Reign will wake up, I have something to be proud of to tell her.

"Not sleepy?" I'm snapped out of my trance when I heard Leandro's voice. I throw him a short glance and saw him holding a can of beer and a chips. I nod my head and heave a sigh.

"I still do miss her, dude," I said. He knows about whom I talking about, he's the only person I can tell everything anyway. Leandro is a trusted friend.

He sigh and took a sip. "You'll be soon graduate from college, and more years to miss her by proceeding to Law school,"

"I'm thinking of the other way,"

"What the hell!" He shouted in horror. "Dude you already spent four years," he pointed out.

I just smiled at him before sighing. I don't have any more updates about Reign now. Mom and Dad told Kuya Lucas and ate Rajah to not tell me tales about what's going on in the Philippines. They'll just let me know everything if I graduate and became one of the Lawyer who top the BAR exam.

Leandro patted my shoulder lightly and went inside the house where we are now. I stay here for more minutes before going inside and go straight to my room. I just take a short shower and went to my bed to sleep.

I just woke up when my phone ring non-stop. I reach out for it and answer it when I saw that it's my Mom's calling.

"Hijo, good morning," Mom greeted from the other line.

"Good morning too Mom. What's up?" I answered and yawned. Mom probably hear it that make her laugh softly.

"Aww, my baby, tired?"

"I miss her, Mom," I answered honestly and sigh. "But I don't want to break my promise to you and to Dad,"

"I'm sorry hijo. If you want, I'll ask your Dad—"

"Oh no, that would be a big trouble," I cutted her off. The last time I agreed with it, my Dad freeze my allowance for two months. And I don't want to happen it again.

Mom sigh. "I'm sorry anak, alam kong mahirap, pero kunting tiis nalang man na di ba?"

I went silent for a minute to understand her saying tagalog word. Not that I don't understand it, but living in Stanford is like a new chapter for me.

"Hijo?"

"I'm sorry 'Ma, n-nanibago lang a-ako,"

Mom laughed when I stutter. "Hindi ka na talaga sanay mag tagalog, baka pag nakauwi ka ng pilipinas eh mahirapan ka na,"