Chapter Two

I wake to a somewhat disturbed Izzy screaming in my ear. "Evelyn Anderson! You wake up this instant!" Kathryn walks in the room. "Whats going on?"

With Izzy bawling her eyes out and the feeling of being breathless now falling over me, I realize what's happening. So, I take a breath in. "Evie! Is everything alright?"

"My allergies acted up. It's just mucus blocking my airway. Don't worry." Kathryn looked at me, relief clearly etched on her face. "Maybe you should go to the doctor, Evie. Allergies this bad have to have a medicine that can relieve it." Izzy spoke softly, as if she was trying to convince me of getting a puppy. I sighed loudly. "Guys, really. I'm absolutely fine now. I just did too much today and it caused my allergies to go haywire. I'm not dying so don't look at me as if you think I am." I smiled, to show that I was, in fact, fine.

Sometimes hiding this from them is too much, but if I tell them they'll be devastated. Id rather not have Izzy spreading word of it anyways. Kathryn smiled.

"Alright. As long as you're well enough for the campus tour!" She giggled and winked at me. I frowned, showing my disapproval. "Kathryn. Isabelle. I wish you two wouldn't interfere in my college things. Who's to say this guy actually wants to show me around? What if he only did it because you called?" Isabelle looked saddened, realizing that maybe her idea had been a mistake.

"Well we can make him some sort of deal or something. I was just saying it might not work out to well." I give a soft smile. I look at the time. "What time did you say the campus tour was?" Izzy's face brightened a bit. "Two-thirty." Kathryn looks at the clock with me. "Well it's three in the morning we should get some sleep. Try not to die in your sleep again, Evie."

Then it hit me. Its been almost three weeks since my last oncologist appointment. I've been so busy focusing on my schooling I'd forgotten. Looks like I'll have to reschedule again since Izzy booked my campus tour for me. It's not like missing one more appointment will hurt me.