Chapter 1

Rikki

Having an adventure in Europe when you don't know what's the next step in your life is: good. Meeting a charming musician named Dan in Amsterdam and staying there for him isn't. Especially not when he cheats on you with one of your supposed friends. These Dutch girls are really backstabbing bitches. And these stupid Dutch guys really are flaky assholes. To think how many hours she spent tattooing Dan for free, because boyfriend privileges and all that, all for him to turn out like this. Rikki spent the last two years of her life playing into her 'I'm with the band' fantasies by accompanying her boyfriend's s band on tour and to all of their gigs. What a waste of time. She first met Dan at a concert in Amsterdam while she was backpacking across Europe and somehow she got stuck there. They've had a hate-love relationship pretty much from the start but Rikki didn't expect him to sink this low. It's fine. She hasn't visited her dad in a while anyways, it's about time she goes home.

***

Rikki spots her dad waiting as the passengers from the arriving flights flood in. He's standing there, smiling at her, still the same apart from his hairline slightly retreating and a couple more wrinkles. She runs towards him as quick as she can through the crowd and hugs him tightly.
"Don't crush your old man, kid"- Rikki's father chuckled at her brightly.
"I've missed you so much, Dad"
"I've missed you too, kid. A lot. Now let's get you home, you must be exhausted!" He places a protective arm around Rikki and guides her towards the car park.