Chapter 5

Emma

As Emma walked out of the airport she inhaled deeply. She's finally home.
On the plane there was a baby in the row behind her and the parents couldn't seem to shut it up for the duration of the one and a half hour flight. It was exhausting. Effective birth control. Not as though she needs birth control, being a lesbian and all that. But still, it put her off of wanting to have children. Poor Cleo, she'll have her own crying machine soon. Emma felt excited about being an aunt type of person though. Especially since Elliott probably won't have children for years to come. Emma likes kids, just not when they scream throughout a long flight.
She managed to scramble through baggage claim pretty quick tho, so now that she's finally out of the airport she just wants to get to the hotel. She catches a cab and almost dozes off on the journey. She probably would have if the driver wouldn't have played techno through the speakers. Emma wanted to tell him off and lecture him on manners and how it's rude and how earbuds are a thing. But she was way too tired for that.

"Hi, I have a reservation under the name Emma Gilbert."- she said to a kind looking receptionist with round glasses.
The check in process was a pain in the ass, but soon she got the keycard for her room and escaped the receptionist in glasses. She  pressed the lift button impatiently and waited.  As soon as she entered the hotel room she collapsed on the comfy-looking double bed, not bothering to change into pjs. She'll unpack in the morning.