Chapter 71 - Chapter 80

Chapter 71: Pure Spirit Powder

Han Li locked his eyebrows and remained quiet.

He had just finished taking Elder Li's pulse and examining his tongue and pupils. He made a cursory decision that this poison was a blend of different poisons, the same as the Aromatic Coiling Silk he had used before. Han Li didn't have the ability to remove the poison by targeting one type of poison at a time. He could only try to use the Pure Spirit Powder and other unorthodox methods.

Thinking about this, Han Li secretly cursed the other doctors who didn't have the courage to remove the poison and pretended to look like they were investigating, thus leaving him with this difficult problem.

After a moment, Elder Zhao could not hold back anymore and asked:

"You small child! Can you save Elder Li or not? Say something!"

"Elder Zhao, you are too impatient. Can't you see that Doctor Han is trying to think of a solution? Be more patient!" Before Han Li answered, Sect Leader Ma, who was standing nearby, once again pretended to be Han Li's ally and taunted Elder Zhao.

Elder Zhao stared and opened his mouth as if to say something, but Han Li didn't wait for him to start talking. He gave a slight cough, halting further conversation.

Han Li's cough raised a surprised look from the people inside the house. At this moment, Han Li remembered that he was only slightly over ten years old, but he, albeit somewhat comically, coughed like a old man. The irony of the situation, however, didn't matter. He had completed his goal and didn't want to listen to the pair's argument anymore.

"This is a blend of different poison, which makes it very troublesome to remove. I can't promise that I can completely remove this poison, but I can try. The process of removing the poison is risky, and it may even hasten Elder Li's death. Do you still want me to proceed?" Han Li pretended to be awkward and finished his statement.

For him, it was better to not take the effort to remove the poison seeing that his chances of succeeding were not very favorable.

Han Li's words made the family members look at each other. No one dared to agree and let him immediately start removing the poison, but they knew that other than Han Li, no other doctor would be capable of curing Elder Li.

After a while, Elder Li's wife, Lady Li, suddenly asked:

"Doctor Han, what is your rate of success for saving my husband?"

"Fifty percent," Han Li said without hesitating.

"Very well. Doctor Han, please do your best to save him. If anything happens to my husband, it will be because of the will of Heaven. I will never resent you, Doctor Han." Lady Li showed no hesitation, making up her mind so decisively in a manner that Han Li didn't expect.

"Sister, you're not going to reconsider?I think it's incredibly risky considering that this doctor is very young!" Elder Zhao grew slightly anxious and wanted to dissuade Lady Li from being overly impulsive.

"I've considered it thoroughly. If Doctor Han doesn't remove the poison, my husband will not live past tonight. Why not take the risk and try even if there's only a fifty percent chance of success?" Lady Li put her head down and said softly.

"This....." Elder Zhao could not reply with even a single word.

Han Li briefly glanced at the other individuals and seeing how they did not oppose Lady Li's decision, he removed a green porcelain bottle from his medicinal bag. From within the bottle, he took out a red medicinal pill.