Chapter 401 - Chapter 415

Chapter 401: Heaven Lightning Bamboo

Han Li didn't fly back to his cave residence after leaving the teahouse. Instead, he walked along the road and suddenly turned a corner into the rear of a nearby store.

Afterwards, he closed his eyes and calmly stood in silence.

A long while later, Han Li frowned and opened his eyes.

He had just attempted to stealthily use his spiritual sense to return to the teahouse and listen in on what they said afterwards. However, he hadn't expected to be blocked by a layer of restrictions as he approached their room.

These restrictions couldn't be considered to high quality and could be easily broken through with Han Li's spiritual sense. However, it would cause far too much of a commotion and ruin his plan of stealthily spying on them. Since Han Li wasn't able to forcefully continue, he withdrew his spiritual sense.

"It seems the Exquisite Sound Sect isn't to be trifled with. They've left no holes to be exploited." Han Li opened his mouth and spat out the inch long green dagger and used it to fly back to his cave residence.

After returning to his residence, Han Li went to his hidden room and retrieved the storage pouch holding the demon beast materials. He then called out to Crooked Soul, having him accompany him back to the teahouse for safety. The journey back and forth had taken quite a few hours.

Fortunately, by the time Han Li and Crooked Soul returned to the teahouse, Lady Fan's subordinate, the middle-aged man, was anxiously waiting for him. Upon seeing Han Li approaching, he immediately ran inside with a happy expression.

Han Li saw that he went back to report to Lady Fan and didn't seem to mind. He then calmly walked inside with Crooked Soul.

By the time Han Li arrived at their room, the young woman and the middle-aged man were respectfully waiting for him.

"Elder Zhao and Lady Fan are awaiting you!" The woman spoke with a careful, respectful expression. After she finished, she stole a curious glance at Crooked Soul.

Without any intention of introducing Crooked Soul, Han Li nodded his head and bluntly entered the room with Crooked Soul close behind him.

The young woman hesitated for a moment, but she didn't dare to step forward and investigate him.

Lady Fan had covered her face beforehand. Upon seeing Han Li enter, her eyes lit up in a graceful welcome.

"Senior Han has arrived quite quickly! I had believed you would've taken a moment more. Huh, this Senior is...?" Lady Fan's beaming smile froze after seeing Crooked Soul.

"This is my good friend, Crooked Soul. After hearing of this matter, he wished to have a look. I'm sure Lady Fan doesn't mind, yes?" Han Li chuckled and deemphasized Crooked Soul's presence.

"Of course not. Please, have a seat!" Lady Fan took a good look at Crooked Soul's ugly face and his ice-cold expression for a moment before speaking with a sweet smile.

She secretly rejoiced in her heart. Fortunately, they hadn't planned to carry out any foul play; otherwise, they would've provoked a great enemy, given the appearance of his Core Formation associate.

In addition, her intentions to rope in Han Li only grew stronger.

"The materials are all in here. Please, take a look!" Han Li was straightforward. After taking a seat, he threw the two pouches containing the demon beast materials on the table.