Chapter 771 - Chapter 780

Chapter 771: Battle at the Border (5)

The cultivator's layer of rainbow light was clearly specialized in blocking spirit techniques. Under such heavy attacks, the light barrier wasn't shaken in the slightest. Long Han rejoiced at the sight.

The thousand of cultivators that had activated the formation were elite disciples from the Nine Nations Union. From how skillfully they placed down their spell formation, it appears that Wei Wuya's description of them wasn't exaggerated.

Seeing that the attack had no effect, the shriveled old man's expression grew unsightly, but he immediately ordered another wave of attacks regardless.

The next series of incantations from the spell warrior army didn't form simple fireballs and icicles. Rather, fire crows and translucent ice pythons began to take form in the sky. Of course, due to its increased complexity, the attack took longer to channel.

At that moment, a series of disturbances occurred in the cultivator army, and a division of green-robed cultivators flew out from barrier. They raised spirit beast pouch from their waist and released several tens of different demon beasts in a burst of rainbow light.

The three in the lead appeared particularly uncommon. There was a rarely seen Dragon Horse — with a horn on its head and scales that twinkled with white light on its body, a Two-headed Demon Lion — with a fishy scent and green fur, and the most fearsome of them all, a fifteen-meter-long Venomous Scorpion — with a crimson shell and a pitch-black stinger.

These demon beasts were the most vicious and meticulously nurtured spirit beasts of the Controlling Spirit Sect. Immediately after they were released, they led an overbearing charge against the huge beasts and transformed spirit beasts. For a time, the beasts fought together in a chaotic battle.

Although only the three main spirit beasts could stand against one of the huge beasts alone, they had numbers on their side. They were well trained; together, they were able to block the huge beasts' advance and even gained the upper hand in battle.

At the same time that the demon beasts were released, several thousands cultivators took to the skies. As they flew, these five cultivators divisions each wielded their various magic tools and rained down attacks upon the spell warrior army.

The current wave of spirit techniques that the spell warriors were casting were far more vicious than the others. As such, the cultivators wouldn't calmly wait for the spell warriors to finish and they continuously sent waves of magic tool attacks and raging waves, wearing down the Moulan defensive spell formation.

The shriveled old man's expression sank and he coldly snorted before giving the order for a large number of spell warriors to fly to the skies and engage the cultivators in battle. A fierce exchange of spirit techniques, magic tools and treasures erupted through the sky. In the confrontation, several hundreds of defensive magic tools ruptured upon receiving enemy attacks and their owns fell from the skies, making for a desperate sight.

But in that moment of delay, the spell warrior army had already finished preparations for their next spell technique barrage. Several tens of fire crows and ice pythons charged towards the cultivator armies as if they were alive.

Likewise, in the time the Moulan were casting their spell techniques, the cultivators had also prepared defenses. Before the attacks could land, countless magic treasures and tools flew into the air and struck down a majority of the flame crows and ice pythons. As for those who made it through, they were completely blocked by the rainbow light barrier, causing no lasting damage, only a few sways.