Chapter 1261 - Chapter 1275

Chapter 1261: Joining Forces

"Why are you here? Have you reached the Deity Transformation Stage as well?" This silver-robed woman was naturally none other than the tenth grade phoenix Han Li had encountered many years ago, and she wore a rather strained look on her face.

She had personally witnessed Han Li progress from the mid-Nascent Soul Stage to the late-Nascent Soul Stage, and he was now at the Deity Transformation Stage. Wasnt's he progressing a little too quickly?

After all, there were over 100 late-Nascent Soul cultivators in this realm, but only a handful of Deity Transformation cultivators in total.

"Hehe, you've also reached the Deity Transformation Stage, haven't you? I don't know how you found out about this place, but you must be here for the spatial node as well. In that case, I think we should work together. After all, it's not our first time helping out one another," Han Li chuckled as he transmitted his voice to her.

Just as his voice trailed off, the lightning and fire that was violently bombarding the gel-force winds abruptly vanished, and the restriction nearby seemed to have deactivated of its own accord. The four Core Formation cultivators down below had naturally also heard Han Li's voice transmission, and their faces immediately paled in unison after learning the fact that this woman was a Deity Transformation Stage demon beast. All of them hurriedly stood off to the side and adopted respectful demeanors, as if they had come here with the sole purpose of welcoming the silver-robed woman.

The Ice Phoenix was silent for a moment before suddenly raising her eyebrows and shooting a glance at the four Core Formation cultivators. She then transformed into a ball of silver light and flew toward the island down below.

Han Li's four subordinates heaved internal sighs of relief in unison as they hurriedly flew along behind her, following her to the largest pavilion on the island.

The woman looked into the distance to find an azure-robed young man standing at the entrance to the pavilion, looking at her with a smile on his face.

He was none other than that detestable human cultivator whom she had last met over a century ago.

The silver-robed woman wore an unfriendly expression as she stopped over 100 feet away from Han Li, and interrogated, "You sure are fast to have reached this island before me, Fellow Daoist Han. Where's the spatial node?"

Han Li smiled before waving a dismissive hand toward the four Core Formation cultivators, and all of them immediately departed from the scene.

Only then did he slowly reply, "You're already here, so why are you in such a hurry? The spatial node isn't very far away from here. How about I lead you to it after we have a quick chat?"

"I have nothing to chat with you about. Do you really think you can intimidate me just because you've reached the Deity Transformation Stage as well?" The woman's expression cooled even further and despite what she was saying, her voice really was tinged with a hint of wariness.

"You're looking for the spatial node, which means you're also trying to ascend to the Spirit Realm, just like me. I think we can work together," Han Li proposed with a calm expression.

"You want me to work together with a human cultivator like you?" A deriding sneer appeared on the Ice Phoenix's face.

"I'm sure you already know about what happened to Fellow Daoist Xiang and the others. Otherwise, you wouldn't have appeared here. You possess spatial abilities that allow you to tear open and traverse through spatial rifts as you please. Those abilities will be very useful in the face of the power of the boundary between realms in the spatial node. You've also witnessed my abilities, and I trust that you'll agree that my abilities are not inferior to yours. I also possess two Divine Spirit Treasures, so there's no way that I'll drag you down. If we join forces, it will be much safer than either one of us entering the spatial node on our own. Otherwise, you saw what happened to Fellow Daoist Xiang and the others. I heard that Old Devil Che entered another spatial node; he didn't leave behind a soul lamp, so we don't know what happened to him, but the spatial node that he accessed is even more chaotic than this one, so I'm not too optimistic about his chances of survival, either..." Han Li persuaded in an unhurried voice.