Chapter 286 - Chapter 300

Chapter 286: Prince's Residence

Prince Xin's Residence actually wasn't in the imperial city. Instead, it was constructed in the south district. After Han Li and company sat in a carriage for two hours, they eventually arrived at a certain street.

The architectural styles of the south region and the Qin Residence were clearly different. Most of the buildings here were constructed to standard and template.

How great an official's position was, meaning how high they were in that position, could be clearly told by the size and style of their residence.

All of the officials' residences were located at this district. The strict following of feudal rank and elevation strictly divided the officials. Nobody here dared to alter these buildings as they wished, else they would break a law and invite punishment.

As a relative of the King, Prince Xin possessed royal status, so naturally his residence was one of the best in the south district.

The mansion residence's area was larger than the Qin Residence by about a half. However, this was balanced by huge residential rooms.

When the carriage to Prince Xin's residence stopped, Han Li took a look at the mansion residence and immediately felt that the mortal world was thriving in wealth.

The residence's gate was over fifteen meters tall and over ten meters wide. Thickly wrapped with yellow copper, it was embedded with several tens of huge nails, appearing quite luxurious and imposing.

In addition, there were two ten-meter stone platforms to the sides of the gate, each with a fierce azure lion statue. They were each sparklingly polished through its entire body, so bright they were hard to look at.

But what awed people the most from Prince Xin's residence were the sixteen neatly armored palace guards standing on the steps outside the gate. Prince Xin had borrowed these guards from the imperial city barracks to prevent any mishap from happening.

The chief steward of Prince Xin's estate was a small old man. In the place of the host, Prince Xin, he was on the steps greeting every new guest with a smile across his face. He didn't dare to neglect even a single guest.

At this moment, several tens of carriages of various sizes had stopped in front of the residence's gate, occupying nearly all of the empty space in front of the mansion.

In front of the huge azure stone platforms, five or six guests who had yet to enter the residence were exchanging greetings. Their clothes were magnificent, their movements elegant; it seemed their status was not low.

Seeing this, Qin Yan straightened his clothes and over-cautiously stepped off the carriage.

After a diligent glance in every direction to ensure there were no cultivators nearby, Han Li left the carriage at ease.

As for the young masters and madams of the Qin Clan, they left the carriages as soon as they arrived. They stood in front of the mansion, talking cheerfully.

Han Li looked at the guests who were still in front of the steps and discovered that apart from the juniors of the Qin Clan, almost all the other guests had also brought along their children and other such youths.

"Could it be that the so-called Prince Xin deliberately sent all of these invitations to the Prince's Residence as a pretense to deliberately gather youths to this place?" With this thought, Han Li felt there wasn't any substantial evidence and took a glance at Qin Yan.