Chapter 1161 - Chapter 1175

Chapter 1161: Patriarch Golden Flower

"Another high-grade cultivator is coming our way!" the elderly man exclaimed.

"How could there be other high-grade cultivators coming to such an obscure island? Did your underlings reveal this news to anyone?" The woman immediately turned to the elderly man with an expression of shock and fury.

"I didn't tell any of them about our objective for this trip, so how could they have revealed anything to anyone?" The elderly man hurriedly shook his head with a grave expression.

"Don't panic, this cultivator could just be passing through. We'll just have to keep an eye out and act according to the situation," the blue-robed man urged in a calm voice.

The woman and the elderly man could only recompose themselves upon hearing this.

Right at this moment, the streak of azure light that had appeared to be extremely far away mere moments ago had reached them in the blink of an eye. It was so close that all of them were already able to make out an indistinct male figure within the light.

"So fast!"

All three of them were stunned to see this as a hint of foreboding welled up in their hearts.

After a few more flashes, the azure light appeared directly above their heads. The light receded to reveal an azure-robed cultivator who only appeared to be only in his twenties, an observation that was quite startling to the three cultivators down below.

The young man looked down expressionlessly and asked in an implacable voice, "Is this Devil Lake Island?"

The three cultivators' hearts sank in unison. They scanned their spiritual senses toward Han Li, and were even more astonished by what they discovered.

The spiritual power emanating from this young man's body was clearly far more powerful than theirs, so he was most definitely a Nascent Soul cultivator. This was almost the worst thing that could happen.

"This is indeed Devil Lake Island. Do you require any assistance, Senior? We would more than willing to lend you a hand." The elderly man hurriedly put on a smile and bowed respectfully.

"That's all I need to hear. Why are all of you here?" Han Li faltered slightly at the sight of the low-grade cultivators down below before a hint of a smile appeared on his face.

A stir ran through the elderly man's heart, yet he could only pull out the excuse that he had prepared in advance. "I require a large quantity of green copper to refine a few special treasures, so I brought along some disciples with me to assist me in the excavation process."

This young man clearly wasn't an ordinary Nascent Soul, as evidenced by the fact that his spiritual sense was completely unable to ascertain his cultivation base. Something like this had never happened before. Theoretically speaking, as a late-Core Formation cultivator, even a mid-Nascent Soul cultivator shouldn't have been able to hide their cultivation base from his spiritual sense.

"Green copper? So you're setting up those restriction-breaking formations just to excavate some green copper?" The young man chuckled as he crossed his arms and glanced at the formation spells that the low-grade cultivators were setting up, then at the green surface of the lake below him.

The skepticism in his chuckled was very apparent. Cold sweat was beginning to pour down the elderly man's face upon hearing this. Never would he have thought that this young man would proficient in the art of formation spells as well. One had to realize that most formation spell masters didn't have high cultivation bases, and those with advanced cultivation bases normally wouldn't waste their time researching formation spells.