CHAPTER 18

Don's pov

I stared at the grave in front of me with a sad smile, flowers already started to grow on it. Beautiful, just like my Delilah. I put my hand in the ground and played with the soil, I laid my head on top of it and looked at the ceiling. I felt my tears fall on my cheeks as I thought of all the time I spent with her, the first time I saw her and the last time...

"You know, I never thought you'd go that fast." I laughed wiping my tears,

"All I wanted was to feel something...I wanted to love, I wanted to be human so bad that I forgot humans are easily heartbroken" my voice cracked, I always knew what I wanted, I wanted you Delilah, I wanted to have a life with you. I didn't care where you came from or what you did in your past because I love you for you, I love your attitude, your smile and the way you always have a come back to say to me.

"I hate you for leaving me...I hate that you made me love you...and now? What now? What am I supposed to do without you..." I cried out, my chest hurt so bad to the point that I couldn't breathe. I spent my day crying and complaining on Delilah's grave and when I thought it was enough for today, I got up and started walking back inside the castle just like any other day.

Only today was very different, I walked to the throne room to say goodnight to my parents just like I do every night before I go, that way they make sure I still didn't off myself. I looked up and saw my mom hugging a shorter woman, I tilted my head to the side like a lost puppy.

"Jasmine?" I called catching their attention, her eyes turned dark and she pulled away from my mom and walked towards me, before I could react she slapped me hard across the face.

"How dare you! How dare you leave that baby Donovan! My sister's last wish was for you to save your fuckin baby and you're here acting like it's the end of the world!" She yelled hitting my chest but I didn't say anything to stop her, I just looked at the ground avoiding her eyes.

"Yes she's gone, I'm broken as well and you know that but I stepped on my fucking sorrow and took that baby in, if it wasn't for Celine, me and your baby would've been thrown to the streets" she breathed out, anything that reminds me of Delilah makes me sad and I'm sure when I'm going to look at her the only feeling I'll have in my chest is sadness.

"I- I can't. I'm sorry" I whispered weakly, her red eyes filled with tears stared at me in disgust and she went to slap me again but I grabbed her arm. For some reason I couldn't let her do that, I pushed her arm away and leaned closer with anger in my eyes.

"You don't know what it feels to love for the first time, then lose that small spark of hope! You know nothing about what I'm feeling Jasmine! And if you dare do t-"

"You're gonna do what Donovan? Hmm? Kill me? Please, go ahead. You'll be doing me a favor" she cut me off, I looked at my mom and she was just staring at the both of us and didn't say anything. Before Jasmine could turn around she caught me off guard she hit me between my legs making me drop to my knees, I growled and tried to run after her but my mom stood in front of me.

"If you wanna hurt her, you have to get through me first Don" she said with her arms crossed, I gave her a confused look. She rolled her eyes and went to comfort jasmine who was crying, she wrapped her arms around and kisses the top of her head. What the hell did I miss! What is going on between them, does mama know about this. On cue, mama walked in the room. She stood next to me and gave me a worried look, she looked at my mom and Jasmine interact as if this was normal to her.

"Aren't you gonna say anything!" I yelled pointing at my mom and Jasmine but she only sighed.

"I was against it at first, the girl came looking for you desperately but you refused to talk to us, you do remember that, right Don?" She said rolling her eyes then continued,

"She started to come here every once in a while to give us information on then baby..." She sighed and pushed her hair out of her face and smiled softly at my mom and Jasmine.

"One night Achlys was comforting her and I walked in the room. Of course your mom didn't do anything, but I could see she cared for her so I gave her permission to do as she pleased. I know she loves me and she knows I love her so I'm not even scared or worried she'll leave me, I'm even ready to accept Jasmine as well." She finished, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I scoffed and pushed past her back to my room, I go depressed mode for few months and they get to add a third person to their relationship. I'm not against it, I'm just surprised it's Jasmine and at times like this. I walked straight to the shower, I kept on thinking of the baby and Celine. How are they? Are they eating well? Is Alec taking care of them? Do they need me really? I sighed when I realized I was in the shower for over an hour, I quickly wrapped the towel around me and went out of the bathroom. After putting some clothes I laid on the bed and kept thinking of what I'm gonna go until my eyes shut and I fell into a deep sleep.

-------

Once again, I found myself laying on Delilah's grave. As always, I played with the soil for a while then started talking to her. After I told her all that has happened in the castle and to jasmine and the baby, I asked her a question.

"What do you think my love? If you think I should go check on them give me a sign" I whispered, I chuckled when nothing happened. I stood up and was about to head back inside when I heard small whimpering, I stood in my place confused. I followed the small whimpers behind the bushes, I pushed the green leaves aside to find a small hellhound, still a pup.

"How did you get here?" I whispered with a small smile, the pup started to back away whimpering again and I reached to catch him. I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him to me.

"Aren't a beautiful puppy" I said picking him up, he looked up at me with his red eyes and quickly started wagging his tail. My daughter could use a new friend, I thought to myself. When I realized what I said, I looked back at Delilah's grave with a small smile. She'll always look after us. I think it's time to go see my kid...

**************************
What do you think?!

-S