CHAPTER 1

Blaze's POV

NAUPO AKO SA SWIVEL chair ko at humarap sa laptop ko, I'm checking some paper works from my employees. I just finished one meeting with my board. Kakasimula pa lang ng araw ay nakakapagod na.

I took the remote out from my table's drawer. Using it, nilakasan ko ang buga ng malamig na hangin ng aircon. Ang init kahit tag-ulan na. It's July, not freaking April or May. Then, I closed the curtains to block the sun. I want a dark room. I glanced at my desk clock. It's nine in the morning. Another busy day for me, lucky Alice, my cousin woke me up early today.

I sighed and just looked around my office. I've been working here for six years. After graduating college, I handled my family's business. At the age of 28, I'm the CEO of Smith Inc. and, the President and CEO of the Zaragoza Chains of Hotels. International and national, which is my late grandfather's business. He was a billionaire, but when he died... my mom inherited everything, perks of being an only child. Now, being the only one who took business as a course, I inherited their businesses.

My parents are in New York right now. Having their vacation, which I forced them to do. I want them to relax, while I handle everything. I can do it. I am their first born, not easy, but I know I can handle everything.

My siblings, Blaine and Brix are having the life they want. Blaine took arts and design, she is a fashionista. At the age of 21, she inherited my grandmother's business in my dad's side, which is my grandma's famous clothing brand. She's 23 years old, so she's independent to do stuffs. She's out of the country, in a fashion show obviously.

Brix on the other hand is still in his high school. He's 15 years old. As far as I know, he's gonna take medicine when he reach college. He wants to be a doctor for kids, which is a Pediatrician. We will support him in his dream career. For 10 years, I witnessed every moment of their life.

Napalingon ako sa kumatok at bumukas ng pintuan ng opisina ko. She smiled sweetly at me. Alice, my cousin walks towards me handing me folders. Paper work, again. Bumuga ako ng hangin at kinuha ang mga ito.

Sinimulan ko ang pag-pirma. As usual, what's new anyways? When will I have a vacation? Alice just looked at her newly manicured nails. Good for her, she had a great day-off yesterday.

Alice, she's my secretary. At first, I thought she and Blaine will team up for the clothing business, but she's interested of being a secretary. Well, I didn't want anyone else, so I asked Alice to be my secretary. She has hesitant at first, because she was working as the secretary of my other cousin, in New York. I just gave her a higher salary and she made the deal.

"Sir, you have an appointment later with Mr. Wilson and you need to interview our applicants." She said while looking at her tablet.

"Cancel it." I said and gave her the folders.

Nanlaki mata niya at binatukan ako gamit ang folders. "Kuya naman!"

"Aray ah! Baka nakakalimutan mo na mas matanda ako sayo at secretary kita, do what I tell you." I said and glared at her.

She raised her brow. "Sumbong kita kay daddy."

"Magsumbong ka. Isama mo pa yung militar na yun." Sabi ko at ngumiwi.

"Bakit mo ba sinasali yung lalaking yun sa usapan natin lagi?!" She aksed.

I smirked. "Why? Still affected?"

She glared at me. "Ghinost na nga diba?"