Questions And Encouragement

Misty stared at the two people in front of her.

"What are you two doing here??" She asked as she looked hostilely at Ash before looking confused at Paul.

"We were sent here to help you for the competition preparation." Ash answered.

"I can handle it myself." Misty said crossing her arms. "I don't need help from a clumsy idiot." 

"She means, we can handle it ourselves." One more voice spoke as the owner put his hand on Misty's shoulder. 

"Oh hey Brendan, when did you get here?" she asked.

"Principal sent me to help you. Hope that wouldn't be a problem." He replied, eyeing her with a smile. Misty nodded. 

"Well if it's the principal, then no arguments here." She said before walking away backstage.

"HEY PRINCIPAL SENT US TWO TOO YOU KNOW!?!" Ash yelled, following her behind.

"I've heard rumors." Brendan started as he looked at Paul who was walking away. Brendan immediately came in front of him, stopping him in his tracks. "That a pesky little vampire dared to kill one of my men. During their hunting." He said gritting his teeth as he glared at Paul.

Paul looked at him finally, his cold eyes drilling holes in Brendan's. A dark purple aura emitted from Paul. It could have frighten anyone, But Brendan was unfazed. 

"Not only that, someone also stole two of our preys few days back." He said with a cryptic smile. 

"I hope you know the consequences of a vampire meddling with our business." 

"What do you want Werewolf? Spit it out." Paul said with spite.

"Tsk Tsk, impatient are we?" Brendan replied with a bitter laugh. "I just happen to find it quite amusing that the girls rescued were friends with each other." 

"So?"

"It seems like you're planning to protect them Paul."

"You have no proof it was one of the vampires who saved the two preys. Besides, one of your chap invaded our territory. He was bound to die." Paul replied with calm.

"So you don't care about the girls?" Brendan asked raising his eyebrow.

"Couldn't care less." replied Paul stoically before walking away. 

"That means we can have Misty as feast." Brendan replied with a smirk. Two vampires heard what he said. One wanted to kill him, another wanted to wipe the floor with him. Paul was the latter, but he moved on with stoic expression. Principal already informed him that he needed to get the participants name on the list, with their numbers and address. 

**************************

Paul had entered every competitors name minus one. He walked towards the girls room, knocked on the door. Dawn opened the door with a forced smile on her face and her nose red. 

"May I- Oh... You're..." 

"Paul." Paul replied. He concluded that May wasn't in the room. The other girl, Leaf, wasn't nearby either. The only breathing sound he could hear was of Dawn. That means, they were alone at the whole floor.

The classes were dismissed for the day. Students were allowed to compete and practice their vocals in the singing class if they wanted. 

"Contester's number and address." Paul said as he took out the register. He quickly added "Along with the name. Whatever it is." 

Dawn narrowed her eyes at him. 

"No thanks, you can leave!" argued Dawn before closing the door. Only to fail. Paul had put his foot in between.

"Out before I crush your foot" Dawn hissed.

"Your participation is mandatory. The Principal had told me herself. Along with your room number." He replied stoically. It was a lie though. The principal didn't told him anything. But he can't tell Dawn about his super hearing Powers.

Dawn glanced at him before sighing.

"I am not taking part in this contest. I am sick you see." she explained. Paul rolled his eyes.

"Using Hot liquid's temperature, Forgetting to alter your voice, Face red from crying. Sure." Paul stated as he noted Dawn's name and room number down. 

"I just need your number to sign you in. And your Last Name too." Paul said in his monotone. Dawn glared at him.

"How did you know My first name and All the things I did?" Dawn inquired. Paul blinked, his shoulders stiffened a bit.