Signs of Rising Danger

One day with Paul... or like the whole night with him.

The whole night she spent on the rooftop. Dawn had no clue when she fell asleep. After her breakdown and the gift that Paul gave to her? She remember pointing to constellations and Paul talking about them. He also commented how pathetic it was that Dawn knew where the constellations were, but not the name or the story behind them. She had laughed at his annoyed looks. But she could have sworn Paul was in some other world of his own, up in his mind. He looked like he was concentrating on something. Plus also keeping an eye on the shadows too. Every once a while, Dawn had to rub her eyes. Her vision either did got hazy or Paul seemed like he was glitching. One fraction of moment he wasn't there, and when Dawn blinks, he was right there, giving her a questionable stare. 

They had talked less and watched the stars more. She did remember catching him staring at her too. He even came close to remove a strand of hair behind her ear before walking away. But Dawn had told him to stay a little longer. Surprisingly, he had agreed to her. And after that? Staring at the moon till she fell asleep. 

Currently, Dawn was wide awake by the glare of the sun. Paul was no where in sight. The decorations were removed.

Was it all a dream?

She hoped not. She then remembered that they were later sitting on a mat before Dawn fell asleep. Looking down, there was a mat. 

And Dawn was covered by Paul's jacket too.

'So it wasn't a dream'

She concluded with a smile. "Some night it was." Dawn didn't realize but she was blushing. She remembered how Paul looked at her under the moonlight

And frowned-

She sweatdropped. 
"Well, so much for a romantic date with Emo Idiot." She said as she stretched her arms. "I hope the girls are okay." She thought with a smile as she stared at the cloud. Reminiscing the night before. Until a thought abruptly occurred to her. "And didn't make any flyers to search for me!" She exclaimed as she stood up from the ground, hurriedly folded the mat and Paul's jacket and raced down the stairs.

"HOLY CRAP I FORGOT ABOUT SCHOOL TOO!?" She yelled when she saw some girls in their uniforms. 

Dawn soon made her way to her room, immediately changed. Her hair was perfect somehow so she didn't need to comb. Once done, she looked at the time and stared.

It read 10:30 am.

"WHAT THE HELL!? HOW LONG WAS THE SUN GLARING AT ME!?"She yelled animatedly. Then a 'horrible' thought occurred to her as she darted towards a mirror.

"WAIT DID I TAN!?" She shouted. To her relief, she somehow didn't.

"I better get back to the girls quick. By now they might have made a search party group to find me!"

Upon arriving late at her 6th period. She glanced nervously at the door. The period was half over too. 

'I am so dead.' She thought to herself before politely knocking on the door, her head down in shame. A voice spoke inside her mind as the teacher approached.

'Who will kill me first? The girls or the teacher?' The moment the door opened, Dawn gave her teacher a sheepish smile.

"I am sorry to be late Miss K-" 

"Miss Berlitz." Dawn flinched mentally at her tone as well as the last name. "Just because you did a splendid performance yesterday doesn't mean you could sleep in half of your classes and come late at any class whenever you please! "She barked at her. Dawn gulped.

"Yes Miss Kerl-" 

"Get in and I hope being the daughter of a past celebrity doesn't get to your head Dawn Berlitz. Celebrity or not, this is your first and the last warning. Come late in class one more time and you shall be punished severely!"