Small step at a time

***********************************************************

May and Drew had completed the whole castle tour. The castle truly did appeared haunted to May. Every now and then, she would jump or hid behind Drew whenever something made a creek sound. She could sense shadows moving around her, mocking her or giggling. She even grabbed Drew's arm, silently pleading to him that she couldn't take it anymore.

The castle had many rooms. Drew had just showed her his brothers room as well as the library, Ball room, kitchen, and bathroom.

Oh don't even get May started on bathroom

It smelled of blood
It had the color of blood on the walls
It even had a dead body in it! With blood which seemed half mopped, on the floor.

"Seriously.... Red can't even lick all the blood off the floor." Drew mumbled. May freaked out internally before deciding, she shouldn't be afraid. She is with Drew and he saved her life and fought against his brother. There is nothing to worry about. She absentmindedly linked her hands with Drew's. She felt safe around him for some unknown reason that she can't quite explain.

Drew flinched at May's touch. Her skin was soft. Her fingers perfectly fit the gaps between his. It was like they were meant to fit. He felt something warm inside his chest when he sneaked a glance at May.

It seems she didn't notice it

Oh blood Lord, Please don't make my hands sweaty.

May on the other hand, was wondering what she will do. Drew later dropped May to her room. She was hoping to meet Dawn but Dawn wasn't there. Drew left, while handing a red rose to her. She blushed a little and hoped the Grasshead wouldn't notice. When he left, his heart was beating faster.

What is happening to me? I better distance myself from her..... Is it even possible to do that?

He sighed before zooming out.

May sighed. She wasn't able to warn Drew regarding Dawn and Leaf's plan and Now she had no clue on what to do about it. She was still confused on whom to help and who not to. For now, the only thing she thinks she should do is to watch things unfold, observe, and note down the weakness and find a path in this darkness of inner conflict. She had to collect her thoughts together. And for that, she tried thinking back on her questions and explanations.

Leaf was planning to do experiments and Had went to gather the equipments needed for it. May had got a message from Cynthia about her account too. She immediately linked it to her so that any response would first get to her and then would be forwarded to Leaf and the others.

Maybe, she could ask someone's help in this too. Besides, she needs to stop Leaf from investigating that 'drink' too. And she doesn't have a clue for-

A knock was heard. May stood up and opened the door. She saw Gary whose eyes scanned the room.

"Hey?" She asked, confused why Gary was even here.

"We need to talk. Paul gave the responsibility of stopping that Scientist of yours, from investigating any further." He explained as he closed the door behind him and latched it. "And for that, you're going to help me. We need a plan." Gary told her.

May raised an eyebrow. She is someone who isn't afraid of horror stuff so having a vampire friend? No big deal! But going to the castle or anywhere near Paul? BIG DEAL INSTANT NIGHTMARES!

"And what made you think I will want to help you?" May asked while resting her hands on her hip. Gary grinned

"By helping me, you'll be spending time with me. And who doesn't want that?" He said with a smug look on his face.

"Honestly, Leaf would wipe that look off your face." She said amused. But sighed. "I'll help you ONLY because I don't know myself what to do. There has to be something done though, I Can't let her figure you all out. If she did, you're toast. You all have no idea how strong she can be."

Gary raised an eyebrow. "That Computer Girl can fight?"

"Computer girl?"

"We share the same computer class. She rules it. Even with my vampire speed I am no match for her. My speed would have ruined the keyboard so the most inhumane yet humane speed I have? Couldn't compete with her."

"Well, that's our Leaf."

"But between a mortal and a vampire fight, It's obvious Vampires would win. We're immortals." He replied, grinning tooth to tooth.

"Right... Right now Leaf went to buy equipments. So what's the plan?" May asked.

"You search the room for the Blood drops. Exchange it with this." Gary said, fishing out a watch glass with few drops of blood on it.

"Blood drops?" May asked raising an eyebrow.

"No silly, Tomato juice. We did an experiment and made it appear like blood. Only the appearance." He admitted

"Oh so you can do science?" May asked wide eye

"Of course I can! I am more than a century old May." Gary pointed out. May looked at him in shock. Obviously, he looked just as old as her. But being century old? How did this guy not disintrigate into dust yet!?

Oh right, Vampires are immortal

"Meanwhile, I'll distract her." Gary said, flashing a smile. May raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"She is on her way here. I can hear her footsteps." Gary said, with his hands in his pockets. "Better hurry up!"

And with that, he vanished into thin air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------