15 - Frantic Friendship

" two birds on a wire, one says 'come on' and the other says 'I'm tired.' "
- two birds by regina spektor

2 months later. 2, long, agonising months of filming. Not really agonising, I really like hanging out with everyone, I just meant how tiring it was. The four of us, Ryan, Emma and Y/n, have been hanging out a lot more, especially Y/n and I. The two of us started to grow closer and closer, we were practically best friends. I hated that. Yeah I liked the fact that we were bonding and building an amazing friendship, but I've always wondered. Why just friendship?

PRESENT DAY

"I haven't read Percy Jackson so..." Y/n and I were talking about my casting for the new Percy Jackson Disney+ series.

"What? How! It's like a piece of your childhood was taken away!" I exclaimed in disbelief, "I feel offended,"

"I'll read it... soon. Only because you're Percy Jackson; and only if you'll buy me the books."

"Do you think I have the time and money to buy it for you?"

"You sure have the money," She teased. I simply rolled my eyes and nudged her shoulder, "Ow, that hurt you know?"

"You deserved it," I joker.

"At least I've read Harry Potter,"

"Not true!" I bargained, "You only watched the movies and read like 5 of the books,"

"Do I have to read the others though," She whined.

"Of course you do!"

"Alright, cut! Y/n! Walker! Your scene, now!" Shawn yelled as Ryan and Emma got off set.

————

"I swear to god, if you mess this up," I warned. A few of the filming crew were hooking Y/n up to the machine again, since in this scene, Liam and Evelina had returned to the real world.

"Says the person who fluffs up his lines," Y/n scoffs in response as the crew got off set and the camera's were being positioned.

"I do not! Now shut up before those wires loosen up and you fall down on your ankle and twist it."

"Alright," Shawn counts down with his fingers as the camera's started rolling.

————

Liam rushes to the machine that Evelina was hooked up to, her vitals beeping beside her. Her heartbeat was slowing down drastically.

"Come on, come on!!" Liam shouted urgently as he shook Evelina's unconscious body, "Please be alive," he muttered silently to himself.

Evelina's eyes shot open, her vitals returning to normal. She was out of breath and looked around, unhooking the helmet off of her head.

"Holy shit, where are we?"

"Let's just say, we're in my mom's basement,"

There was a moment of silence.

Kiss her!

NO!

I wrapped my hands around Y/n and gave her a quick warm hug.

Get over it, Walker!

I broke the hug and turned to my left, picking up a bat from the counter beside us.

"You might need this," Liam advised as he handed a surprised Evelina the bat.

"Cut! That was not part of the script, but I'll take it," Shawn approved as he smiled at us, "I feel like Liam would defined do that, great improv, Walker,"

"Yeah, thanks," I grinned, taking a moment to process. I just wanted to kiss by best friend.

————

Y/n's POV

"What was that for?" I turned to ask Walker once we were alone.

"Oh uh, I just.. thought of the character, and since technically, our characters are supposed to fall for each other, I thought that was a suitable thing to do, sorry if I made you uncomfortable or anything, I just really wanted to... uh, you know, try and actually resemble-"

"Alright, you can save the rambling for the interviews," I chuckled and just laughed it off. It was weird though, I've barely hugged anyone, even my family. It was comforting nonetheless. I just wished he actually meant it.

A/N:
Guess who updated even though they said they weren't gonna update anymore~ ME!! I might actually just straight up update this book twice a month or something. Anyways, sorry for the extremely short chapter, I just felt really bad for the people who've just found this book :) also, the hugging was originally supposed to be a kiss scene but I just felt uncomfortable writing a kiss scene (istg it's just me being asexual) so, sorry if any of you were expecting one! - Raven

EDITED A/N:
EUGH- kiss scenes. I did write (two) a make out scene for my jenna ortega book but THATS BESIDES THE POINT. ITS DIFFERENT. this chapter sucks but its fine - Raven