21 - Premiere Day

" I wanna get lovesick with you. "
- lovesick by peace

We were arriving at the premiere, the sleek black limo passing by the huge crowd of flashing lights and yelling fans. I couldn't wrap my head around it -- how people actually come to this premiere for our movie.

"Okay, we're almost there. Just, relax," Ryan assured, noticing the unusual silence in the car.

"It's going to be fine, it's just like your first premiere! Just with different people," Emma turned to face Walker and I, a small smile on her face that could brighten up anyone's day. Walker was unusually quiet; his hair was all frizzled up like a porcupine, indicating his intense anxiousness.

"Aren't your parents and siblings going to be here?" I asked, attempting to strike up a conversation to ease both our nerves.

He hummed in response, taking a glance at me before looking back down at his dress shoes. "They said they'd meet me before we went in to see the screening." I nodded at him, my lips sealed shut. I fixed up my hair as we came to a halt, the driver sliding up the divider to look at the four of us.

"Here." The driver boomed from the front seat. We all stood up as the doors slid open slowly, revealing the red carpet that flowed down, making a path for us to walk down on. Beside the carpet were crowds of people holding up their phones along with signs with text on it, although I could barely see a thing due to the flashes.

"Louder than expected," I whispered to Walker as we stepped out of the vehicle, a smile on my face as the moment overwhelmed me.

"Yeah," he managed to breathe out, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he looked around at the people yelling his name. I waved at the crowds to release a bit of my tension, the dress I wore seeming to be the perfect length -- not too short that I didn't like it, but not too long that I had to hold it up with my hands all evening.

We took a few photos afterwards, I did a few solos then a few with Emma. Ryan and Walker were on the other side of the carpet taking their own photos, a huge wall filled with our faces for the advertisement of our movie behind us.

————

"Y/n! How does it feel to have grown so famous? You've done only 2 projects and you've already grown such a huge fanbase. How much does this affect your daily life?" The interviewer asked, making me chuckle slightly. The mic leaned in towards me, everyone awaiting my answer while a camera was focused on my face.

"Oh dang- Uh," I laughed, "It's a very fresh and alarming change. I'm very grateful that all this happened, otherwise I wouldn't have met so many incredible people; and to know that people actually enjoy my work and efforts? It's just so... relieving in a way."

"I love to hear your experiences and your descriptive answers, you sound so intelligent when you answer these them." The reporter confessed. I just giggled and nodded my head in response, "have you had any instances where you completely regretted being an actress or well known person in general?"

"No... no not really," I said honestly, "Yeah the paparazzi could be annoying at times but it's their job and I can't really blame them. Plus, there are many more amazing factors of being well known. I've always wanted to be famous, just didn't figure I'd be this known at the ripe age of 14."

"Alright, now moving on to a few fan questions," she then turned to the crowd we were in front of, "Y/n will be picking someone from the crowd to ask a question! Who would like to ask first?" The crowd erupted in screams and shouts, hands raised up high.

"Uh..." I picked a random person from behind the crowd in panic, "You behind there! Your question?"

"Were you a fan of any of your co-stars before filming the movie?" They shouted from behind.

"Yes! I was a fan of all of them if I'm going to be completely honest," I chuckled to myself, "My brother though, is a huge Emma Stone fan." I snorted, looking back at the interviewer, "He's so going to kill me." I joked, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"You have a brother?" The reporter questioned, seeming shocked.

"Yeah, I do! An older one. He would've loved to meet Emma."

"Does he know about Walker?" Someone from the crowd shouted.

"I heard my name?" Walker said, his head perking from behind me after he'd finished his solo interview. The crowd started cheering louder as Walker approached us.

"Jeez, they love you more than me." I groaned, rolling my eyes, gaining a few laughs here and there from the crowd.

"Well, now that we've got the duo here, let's get some questions about them, shall we!" The woman cheered enthusiastically before turning back to the crowd. Walker looked back at me with a small assuring smile, but I could see a glint in his eye that screamed 'watch me create chaos'.

"Uh... you over there! To the right," I pointed to a redhead, asking for her to shoot her question.

"Are you two dating?" They asked, a bunch of gasps and giggles from the crowd. I started laughing at the question, not sure of how to answer it. I looked over to Walker, a wide smirk on his face as he leaned in to say something into the microphone.

"I wish," Walker murmured, the microphone only barely picking his voice up.

"Oi!" I scolded, the slightest hint of pink on my cheeks. I nudged his shoulder away from the microphone.

"But it's funny!" He yelled in defense, walking back into frame, his bright blue eyes squinting at me, his cheeks brought up high due to how big his smile was.

Unbeknownst to the audience, Walker had already planned his answer to such a question prior to the event. Last night, actually.

————

"I know they'll ask that question!" He confidently sat up next to me, no doubt in his voice.

"Of course they will, it's always like that. You're not special for knowing that, Walker,"

"Well, I'm going to respond with something... unexpected,"

"You aren't going to say yes, are you?"

"... no..."

"You better not!"

"Fine. I won't,"

"Good."

"I'm responding with 'I wish,'" he laughed.

"No! Don't you dare!" I hit him with the pillow I was holding, burying my flushing red cheeks with it.

"Wow, who's hiding their face now?" He snobbishly questioned.

"Still you." I said before getting hit with Walker's pillow.

————

"You two took a bit," Emma smirked, her skin glowing in the night lights of LA.

"Interacting with our minions, that's all." Walker joked, referring to our fans. We got back into the car, the limo feeling much more spacious than before.

"We're going to dinner before we head back to the hotel," Ryan told us before the driver set off, "Hope you kids don't mind seafood."

A/N:
had the urge to add momona tamada and did it. Anyway... totally didn't just start getting emotional because the next chapter is going to be the last. YES! THE BOOK IS ALMOST COMPLETE GUYS! I didn't even notice it was going to be the last. And unexpectedly, my manifestation was right and I ended up writing 22 chapters just like I planned, how ironic. - Raven

EDITED A/N:
I removed momona's part 😔 i'm sorry, it just didn't seem crucial and it came out of the blue. I didn't know how to make it better either, so like... yeah. also i'm so excited for percy jackson you have no idea. it looks stunning so far. still sceptical of the 'one ep one book' thing. from what i remember, that's what they said it was gonna be, but idk i hope not. also thank you for 120k+ reads?? that's insane what. - Raven