17 - Little Dumpling

" what is happening? oh dear, I keep wishing you were here. "
- dover beach by baby queen

Time took over my life, and just like that, 2 months passed. I had been waiting for the day of the movie premiere, which is in a week or so. I was ecstatic, missing all the cherished memories I've made with the wonderful cast and crew members. During these two months, I kept in touch with Walker, Ryan and Emma; mostly Walker. We had weekly facetime calls, and sometimes, he calls me randomly during the day, using the 'im bored' excuse most of the time.

————

"Dress... check. Stuffed animal... check-?" I turned to my bed and dropped my clipboard, reaching for my favourite stuffed animal. "There you are," I swiped up my clipboard and ticked 'stuffed animal' off using the pen that was attached to the metal clip, placing the plushy in between the piles of clothes, "Right, my shoes."

I sighed, rushing down the stairs to the shoe rack, deciding which pairs of shoes to bring along.

"Hey, honey, packing up for tomorrow? Didn't I tell you to do that yesterday?" My mom said sternly, holding a spatula in one hand.

"Well, I was tired, and I packed a few things on call with Walker yesterday," I picked out two pairs of sandals and a pair of one inched heels into the shoe bag, tightening the seal.

"So... Walker," My mom began, a small smirk on her face when I looked up at her.

"Oh come on mom, no! We're friends," I picked up the shoe bag and began to drag it upstairs, dreading to hear my mother's nonsense.

"Whatever you say. Also, dinner is going to be ready in 30 minutes or so! Remember to greet your brother when he comes back, okay?" Mom yelled from below. I completely forgot he was coming.

"Alright! I just need to check everything off my list!"

————

"How's my little dumpling doing!" My brother exclaimed as he entered the house, making his presence known and ruffling my hair into a bush.

"She's not that little anymore, that's for sure," I joked. My brother is 22 and just finished his course for university. He's graduating in a few weeks and is planning to start directing a short film with a couple of his friends, since he was a film major. Our mom immediately asked for him to come back home before graduation day and to see me off for the premiere.

"Not little anymore? You're like, what, 11? I wasn't gone for that long,"

"No? I'm 14, douchebag,"

"What? When the hell were you born?"

"Look how big my boy has become!" My mom interrupted, entering the living room and engulfing my brother in a warm hug. He's grown really tall. Like, really tall, "Oh, you're so big now!"

"He's huge, mum. He's double your height,"

"Shush young lady, we don't talk about that," My mom hushed, giggling, "Come on now, food's ready, just put your bags on the couch there, dear."

————

"So, how's university treating you?" I asked, playing around with my food.

"Oh yeah, it's going great," Nick's voice muffled, his mouth filled with mum's delicious lasagna.

"Oh, Y/n, dear, why don't you tell Nicholas about your movie that's premiering!" My mom exclaimed. Nick's face then lit up, eyes bulging.

"Movie? Oh my god, my sister's a star!"

"Oh shut up,"

"Ok, seriously. What movie? With who? Soon enough you'd be in a movie with Emma Stone," He jumped. He had always admired Emma Stone, she was even his celebrity crush a few years back.

"Yeah, about that... the movie I'm doing is with Emma Stone," I muttered, not wanting my brother to start squealing of excitement. He might be a legal adult, but in reality, he has the mindset of an eight year old.

"You're joking, right?" He stuttered, dropping his fork in astonishment.

"She really isn't, dear. I can't put into words how excited I am for the movie to premiere!" My mother emphasised, taking a glance at Nick's hyper state, "Oh, and before you ask me, Nick, no. You can't go, your graduation rehearsal is on the day of her premiere!"

"Oh come on, mom!"

————

It was the next day and we were nearing the airport.

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone, dear?" My mum asked from the driver's seat.

"I'll be fine, mum."

"I can go with her!" My brother insisted.

"No, Nicky, you will not be going with her."

"Fine." He pouted, sinking into his seat.

"How are you even legal to drink?" I turned to him.

"Oh, shut up."

————

"Woah, it's been so long since I've been at the airport," I said in awe, looking around.

We went through all the procedures, catching people's glances from time to time. While I was waiting for my gate to be called, a group of teenage girls approached me from one of the seats in front.

"Hey uh, could we get a photo please?" One of the girls asked.

"Yeah! We're really big fans, also, could you sign this, please?" The other pleaded politely, handing me a small printed photo of Walker and I; I'm pretty sure it was one of the 'behind the scene' photos Ryan posted on his instagram.

"Oh, yeah, sure!" I said out of pure joy.

"Wow, she's already got fans," My brother said, clearly annoyed but fascinated.

"Shush!" My mother whispered, holding up her phone to capture the moment.

We took the photos and I signed the picture, adding a small smiley face as well because, well, why not.

A/N:
I'm too lazy to write the whole thing so have this !! Also 19k reads? Holy crap thank you - Raven

EDITED A/N:
Holy fuck we're almost at 100k reads. That is INSANE I TELL YOU. YOU ALL ARE INSANE. (In a nice way!)