32: The high school sweetheart

"No no, Kitten, I swear you keep trying to push my buttons."

"I like pressing buttons," I say putting on the mini skirt with thermal tights underneath

"I am left defenceless when I am around you." A peck on his cheek before I grab my boots

"I don't bite." He puts on his watch while staring at me, he can be threatening but not to me

"Don't act innocent, meine liebe."

"I never said I was innocent, baby, you assumed so, that's on you, not me."

"Pin it on me then."

"As I always do." I turn around to show him the entire outfit.

"You look beautiful." Taken back for a moment, he smiles and focuses on my body and not the conversation at hand.

"Thank you, pretty enough for you to teach me how to be like you?"

"No, we had this conversation, I am teaching you to defend yourself, we stop there. I am not making you a killer."

"So you don't want me to spend more time with you, is that it?"

"Kitten, I am not teaching you to be a contract killer, end of conversation." I put my untied boot in front of him, he crouches down to tie it.

"But baby, I want to be a part of your world."

"And you are, bärchen, but no. I would give you the world but no." His fingers trail lines from my heel to my butt. He wraps an arm around my waist before holding my butt with the other. "I am done having this conversation with you." He whispers into my ear, if Khanyi was not playing on the bed, I would have wrapped my other leg around him. This man just brings out something in me.

"Okay." Slow and defeated mumble, he cups my face with his fingers,

"Don't sound so sad, it hurts my heart." His forehead pressed on mine.

"I am just disappointed." A sigh as I try to kiss him, he pulls back

"Don't be, I saved you a lot of trouble." He joins our lips. One thing about kissing Kai, it made me lose all my senses, my brain becomes mush, he puts drugs on his lips.

Khanyi must not like the attention I am getting from her father so she begins crying. He does not let me go, he holds me tighter before I withdraw from him.

"Baby, what's wrong?" She holds her hands out for my hands "You just want to be held?" She continues crying but shortly after she calms down. "Kai, can you bring my coat and bag, I am going to take her to your mom, then we will go." He nods.

We are going to the mall to get Khanyi a few more things and I need snacks, his mom surprisingly does not have a lot of snacks and the ones she does have, I hate.

"I feel like I am being a brat." He is trying to find parking.

"Why do you feel like that?"

"Like why do I need to only eat specific things, why am I such a picky eater you know, like with you, it's okay cause well, what you gonna do but like your mom, what if she feels like I am a brat because I am super picky."

"It might be a difference because I eat everything and so does she but I don't think she will judge you for being different to her and if she does, I will just have to explain to her why she can't do that. You are everything but ungrateful and snobbish." My fingers cover my face again,

"Why are you so fucking perfect!" I should not be screaming

"I'm trying to be like you." I purse my lips and feel a tear leave my eye, I wipe it away before he can. For reasons unknown, him saying that made me feel better tenfold.