Chapter 24

ILANG oras lang simula nung makabalik kami ay nakaramdam na ko ng hilo pero pinagsawalang bahala ko yon.

Edison University of Arts na ang kakanta. Bumalik na din si Allison sa tabi ng payagan syang umupo dito. Hawak ni Allison ang kamay ko habang hinihintay magsimula si Camille. Then the orchestra played.

Les oiseaux dans la charmille

"That was one of the hardest song I ever sang in my life... Nung kinanta ko yan hindi ko pa nga na perfect lahat," litanya nya ni Alli. Malungkot syang nakatingin sa stage.

"It's not about the song that makes you a winner, Alli. It's how you deliver the message of the song through your emotions. Kaya nga sa mga singing contest laging sinasabi ng mga judge 'put some emotion in the song'. And you did it perfectly. You may not sing some hardest songs like others but the way you deliver the song to us, It's mesmerizing, you make us emotional so as the judge. Besides, like our Teachers said... Manalo o matalo, that's fine. It's not all the time we are always the winner." ngumiti sya sakin pagkatapos kong sabihin yon.

"Thank you, napagaan mo ang pakiramdam ko," she said but I just simply laugh.

Camille is singing it perfectly... Masarap sa tenga ang boses nya.

"Alli, I have a question. Ngayon lang sumagi sa isip kong itanong ito sayo eh," sabi ko kaya nilingon nya ko at hinihintay akong magsalita.

"Why did you choose Classical? Despite being so many genres?"

She turns her head to look at the crowd around us before looking at me and smiling hiding her eyes.

"Classical Music is so underrated nowadays. It's being forgotten. Some people, whenever they hear that kind of song they're just like 'eew, that's old' 'the song will make my eardrums ruin'. It always receives less appreciation from others. Sa buong mundo konti na lang ang may gusto sa ganitong klase ng Musika. See the crowd in this place?" she asked and I nodded.

"Not everyone here is a fan of Classical. Yung iba nakikinood lang at napipilitan makinig. That's why I choose this genre, it may not be easy as the other genre but I don't want these masterpieces to be forgotten. Many centuries may pass since the songs have been written but I don't want them to be completely forgotten because of the new and famous genres. This is where I apply the 'Old is Gold' quote."

Totoo yon. When a music is out of modernity nakakalimutan na yon ng tao. Well, that's life I guess. Kung ihahalintulad mo sa tao, na kahit gaano ka kasikat ngayon dadating ang panahon na malalaos ka, makakalimutan ka.

But the most beautiful thing is, no matter how old the song might be, there's always a person who's willing to listen to that music.

Pagkatapos kumanta ng Classicals kami na ang susunod. One more school to sing then it's our time.

~FLASHBACK~

"So anong plano?" tanong ni Branth. Nakaupo kaming lahat sa sofa. I mean silang apat pala dahil sa lap ni Ethan ako nakaupo. Hindi kasi kami kasya...

"We will talk to her mother... We will ask her what's their plan," sabi ni Zane. Kumunot naman ang noo ni Devon.

"Bro, that's impossible... Of course, she won't tell us."

"She will. If..." pambibitin ni Zane.

"If?" I ask.

"If we will blackmail her. Why don't we use to them a few of their tactics? it's like tasting their own medicine," he said.