19. Making moves

Sha'la POV

2 weeks later.............

''Damn'', Nakai mumbled. Here we are sitting in the middle of the dance studio floor, staring at Sasha on the magazine cover.

''New Beginnings: No more Red, more like Sasha Jones''

The cover is in black and white. Sasha is sitting naked, covering her breast, and embracing her now huge stomach. Looking at her, she doesn't look like the same girl that I met at the block months ago.

''She looks good'', I finally spoke.

My sister nods,''Yeah she do actually''

Terrence did an entire section on Sasha and her being 4 months pregnant with his baby. Did I read it? No, but Nakai did, and she told me all about it. I got up from the wooden floor, and dust the back of my shorts off. ''What are you doing later on?'', she asked. ''Nothing'', I told her.

She gets up from the floor,''They playing re-runs on ''A Different World'' you wanna watch it with me? And we can talk all about it like little girls?'' I laughed. That's my favorite show, next to ''Martin''. ''Yeah, just text what channel it comes on''

—-

Vontrell and I are officially boo thangs, or whatever people call them these days. Nothing happened in the studio showers. We just had a serious make out session. A heated one at that. I start up my new car, and quickly put my shades on. It's bright out today in Atlanta. Girls are now rocking their skimpy shorts and crop tops.

Listening to music, my phone soon vibrates. I looked to see that it was Marcus calling me. I rolled my eyes. ''Fuck'' I've been ignoring this guy every since our one night stand. I rejected his call, and felt a sudden relief. But that didn't last for long.

My phone rings again....

It's Marcus again.

Groaning in frustration, I stopped at the red light, and answered my phone using the blue tooth.

''Hello?'', I said dryly

''Hey Shae, wassup?''

''Nothing''

The light turns back green, so I started back driving.

''It sounds like you're driving?''

I forced a laugh,''Yeah I am''

''Well come over by Chesters. I wanna hang with you''

I sighed. This is what I've been trying to avoid. I don't want Marcus. I don't want to be around Marcus. I'm just chilling..y'know?

''I don't know, I got a lot of stuff to d-''

''Please'', he pleads.

——-

Sitting at the small round table, Marcus soon comes into sight. My stomach twist up in knots. I haven't seen him in weeks. After having sex with him, everything just feels awkward. He smiles,''Hey'' I forced a smile upon my face,''Hey what's up?'' He takes a seat, and stares at me.

What's his problem? ''Yo Marcus, you okay?'' ''Why you've been ignoring me?'', he asked. My brows raised, ''Well I wasn't doing it on purpose.'', I lied. He shook his head,''Every smart person knows when someone is declining their calls''

Oh boy.

''I don't know what's going on with you Sha'la, but what I do know is that I'm tired of being your friend'' Marcus looks me into my eyes, only for me to look away from him. I don't want to be with him. ''Marcus I- I don't know what to say''

He sighed, ''Just tell me yes, and I promise I'll give you everything you wanted in high school and more. I can't stop thinking about you girl'' I finally make eye contact with him, and shook my head no. ''Marcus.... I don't - I don't want to be with you'' His lips part open. My stomach weakens once more.

''I'm sorry, but it wasn't suppose to get that far.''

''But it did Sha'la! You just gone have sex with me, and act like nothing happened?'', he says raising his voice.

I sighed,''I'm just not ready for another relationship. I just got out of an engagement''

Marcus push his self away from the table, and gave me the most cold look I ever received.''Just because you're hurt from your previous relationship, doesn't make it okay for you play with others emotions'' And with that, he walked away. Leaving me mind blown. I lost my best friend.

——

Wrapped up in my purple blanket, I watched tv, while facetiming Nakai. What happened between Marcus and I, wanted to share it with my sister. But I know how she'll react. She would act all giggly, and try to hook us up foreal.

''Omg that part will forever makes my heart sink'', Kai whined. I nod my head, ''I know right.'' My phone soon rings, and I see that Vontrell text me.

Vonnie: In the mood for some waffles?

Shae: Yesss, I can do me some waffles?

Vonnie: lol, be at waffle house in 15 mins.

Shae: Ok

I hopped out of my bed, and went straight to my closet. What should I wear?

''What are you doing?''Kai asked

''I'm looking for something to wear. I'm going out'' She kissed her teeth, ''What? No. With who?'', she asks ''Vontrell'' Once I found out what I said looked to the phone to see Nakai mouth gaps open. ''What?!'', she said smiling. I sighed, ''Yeah. We sorta got something going on'', I said while smiling a little bit. Kai smiles, ''You female dog!'', she hollers. ''You've been holding back.''

''Yeah, you can say that'' She then purses up her lips,''Well you need to tell Vontrell that you're going to be late. I need to know everything!''

—-

Vontrell and I been hanging out for at least a hour now, and honestly I'm enjoying myself. I decided to wear high waist balloon shorts, with a white crop top. It's very hot out tonight.

''So Beyonce or Keri Hilson?''

A smirk appears on Vontrell face, ''Beyonce of course!''

I shook my head, smiling. ''Typical males. Beyonce is so over rated''.Vontrell shook his head,''No not at all. Beyonce is just bad as hell'' I scoffed, ''What about Keri?'' ''Oh she bad too. I don't care which female to be honest, but if I have to choose, I'll choose Beyonce''

Hours passed, and Vontrell and I soon exit the resturant. I leaned up against my car,''I had fun Mr.Davis'' Vonnie smiles, ''I enjoyed your company too'' I smiled, and leaned in giving him a hug. Nakai seems to like the idea of me and Vontrell talking, and quite frankly I do too. Pulling apart from the hug, Vontrell steals a kiss. Placing my hand on his cheek, our heads moved in sync as our lips connects perfectly.

Pulling away, he mumbled onto my lips''Would you be my girlfriend?''

I stepped back smiling, ''Really?'' He smiles, and places his hands on my waist. ''Yes. Do you know how long I've been wanting you? We've been talking for 2 months now. I'm feeling you, and I know you're feeling me too''

Words can't explain how I feel right now. I feel like a teenage girl all over again.

''Yes. I'll be your girlfriend''