13. The Build Up

"Yall must not be hearing me?", Nakai hollered. She stood in front of her exhausted dancers, eyeing them. "We have a chance to be in Ciara's music video, and yall wanna dance like ya' got something in ya' asses?"

Rumor has it that Ciara was making a new music video to her single "Got Me Good". To confirm things, we went on her twitter, to see indeed she was. Everysince Kai knew Ciara was having auditions, she's been acting alot like a witch. A dancing witch.

"Now on a count of 3, we gonna do these counts again. And we gonna go full out. If CiCi don't like the choreo and our energy, what makes you think she's going to teach us the choreo to the song?" The dancers nodd their heads to Nakai statement.
Sitting on the floor, I watched Vontrell's demeanor. Agitation was plastered all over his face. Some dancers wasn't getting the moves right, so I guess that's what upsetting him.

Nakai step back towards the dancers, facing the mirror.
"Shae, press play" Leaning over to press play, the beat begins to roar throughout the studio. The dancers all started to pop their chests in and out. Nodding my head to the beat, I watched the dancers.

After the full out practice, the dancers went there separate ways for their 30 minute break. Standing up, I dust the back of my grey leggings, and walked to the next room. The next room had a table full of fruits, chips, drinks, and cable. That's the best thing about Nakai's studio. It's not like every dancing studio.

Walking into the room, I saw the dancers scattered all over the floor, and some sitting in chairs. Nakai gave them a hell of a practice. I grabbed me a plate, and looked at the many fruits. Strawberries, peaches, pineapples, grapes, cheese, and crackers! Man, lunch time was always my favorite part of school. Break starting to be mines at Nakai's practice.

I wasted no time piling my plate with various of treats. The more stuff I pilled on my plate, the more excited I got to eat it. Moving further down the table, I picked up a few of cookies. Shoving one in my mouth, I picked more up.

''Damn girl. You got a mouth full'' I turned around to see Vontrell munching on potato chips. I rolled my eyes, and continued to fix my plate. ''So you ain't texting me back?'', he questioned me. I scoffed, not making eye contact with him. ''Last time I checked, I was the last person to send the message''

He bald up the plastic bag, and continued to stay close by me. ''You mad?'', he whispered. I frowned, and snapped my face towards his. ''Of what?'' He stepped back, having his hand crossed behind his back. That smirk. He had a stupid cocky smirk on his face. Which I love by the way. But I'm not gonna show him that though.

He smiled, showing off his teeth. ''You tell me'' My brows furrowed. Tell him what? As soon as I opened my mouth to speak, Montrell came into the room with an female. Not just any female. But Vontrell's girlfriend.

''Yooo, look who came through!'', Montrell hollered. Destiny pushed Montrell in the arm playfully. Seems like their close. Destiny held a bag of Zaxby's in her hand, and handed them to Vontrell.

''I see you came through'',
Vonnie said while looking through the bag. ''Yeah, I guess I care enough to not let you starve at practice'', she smiled.

No doubt, Destiny is gorgeous. Almost gorgeous as Sasha. Slim, dark skinned, full lips. To top things off, she's not wearing a weave. Atleast I think so. Looking at her just makes me wanna run my hands through her hair.

''Sha'la ?'' I snapped my eyes towards Vontrell to see him and Destiny, and everybody else in the room, looking at me.

''Y- Yeah?'', I stuttered. ''You ain't hear her?'' I looked towards Destiny, to see a frowned face. I shook my head no. ''No. I'm sorry. What did you say?''

One of the dancers laughed. ''I told yall she had to be crazy. She's Nakai sister!''

I laughed along with the fellow dancers, though It's not funny. I'm embarrassed as hell.

''Sorry Destiny. Girl I was gone.
Wassup?'' Destiny smiled, but Vontrell. He wasn't smiling. He stared at me with a blank stare. Only If I could read him like I can do Terrence, I would know how he feel. Too bad that Vontrell isn't like Terrence. No type of comparisons at all.

She held her hand out, ''I was going to introduce myself, but seems like you knew my name already'' My eyes widen. Lurking can get you caught up. ''Yeah, Vontrell tells me a lot about you'', I lied. She looks up to Vontrell to see him fixing his sweats. ''Really?'', she asked with an curious facial expression on her face.

I nod while smiling. Hopefully she thinks my smile is real. ''What he's been saying?'', she asked me. I poked my bottom lip out, thinking. Wow. I really wish I was eating my fruits right about now. I didn't expect her to say that. Normal people would say ''Oh I hope it was good things'', but Destiny, on the other hand wants to know what was said. Shit, nothing been said about her.

''Oh he's been saying how good of a person you are'' , I lied once more. She smiles, and leans into Vontrell's chest. ''Isn't that cute'', she smiled. I nod my head, ''Yeah wonderful'', I mumbled. She turned faced Vontrell, and looked up to him. ''Well I gotta go. I'm going over Monica house.'' Vontrell smacked his teeth. ''Yeah, go be ratchet with your ratchet friend''

Destiny hits him in the chest, ''Stop it, she's cool'', she tells him. He scoffed, 'Yeah, ok whatever you say Des.''

''Give me kiss'' , she tells him. An achy feeling hits my stomach. Vontrell cuts his eyes towards me, then back at Destiny. How weird. I turned around, and made my way to a far away table. I need to sit. Sitting down, I tried everything in my power not to look up. ''Don't Shae..... Don't you dare'' But instead, I looked up anyways.

Deep. Their kiss was deep. So deep I can almost imagine how his lips will feel against mines. Once they broke their kiss, Destiny and him held hands, until she walked away, letting his hand loose. Wiping what I think is gloss from around his lips, he glared towards my way. I quickly dropped my head.

Men. I waited for him to come my way to the table, but he didn't. I looked up to find him no where in the room. How freaking nice.

Laying in bed, I watched reruns of Martin. My old purple blankets don't feel so thick to me anymore.

Shuffling in my bed, I plopped my leg on top of a pillow. MAN. How boring can my life gets.

As soon as the incident that happened between Vontrell and Destiny, I waited for him to text me. Shockingly he didn't. Well It wasnt kinda of a shocker. Grabbing my phone from up under my pillow, I see that Marcus text me.

Marcus: How was your day girl?
Shae: It was cool, I guess. Wbu?
Marcus: Mines was crazy. It was a busy day for me.
Shae: Wanna talk about it?
Marcus: Meaning coming over?
Shae: It's up to you.
Marcus: I got work tmw, but I'll come slide by. I need a friend right about now.
Shae: Lmao. Tell me about it.

I hopped out of the bed, and went to my suitcase. I grabbed my basketball shorts, and slipped them on. Marcus would act up if he camed over, and learned that I ain't have on pants. My phone then rings. And rings. And rings.

Going over to my bed, I see that it was Vontrell's number. Yeah, I deleted his number out of my phone today. I slide the green button across, and answered.

Not even greeting me, he went
straight for the gusto.

''How did you know her name was Destiny?''
I scoffed, ''Does it even matter?''
''Yeah actually. You had her asking what your name is for 5 times. Then you gon' say you aint hear her. Bullshit''
I frowned, ''You called me to start shit?''
Vontrell smacked his teeth. ''Man I'm just asking''
''Vontrell why are you even messing with me? It's clear that Destiny loves you.''
He didn't say anything Instead he let me continue to speak.
''Don't entertain me. Ya hear me. Cause one thing I don't want to be is a home wrecker''
Again, he smacked his teeth. ''Talking like that, I'm bout damn near cutting you off. You sound crazy Sha'la. Did you eat shit, cause you talking bullshit''
I rolled my eyes, ''Sorry, but you was been cut off. I deleted your number. Good night''
I pressed the End button, and sighed in relief.
He got some nerve.

_______________________
Sorry if I have any typo's in this chapter. I didn't proofread. But vote & comment !