23. Recognition Pt.2

Sha'la Pov

2 days later.....

''Thank you'' I grabbed the food, and checked it before driving away. McDonalds is known from jacking people about their food and money. Once I found out that I had all the food, I drove off and made my way over to Vontrell's house. We've been dating for 4 months now, and man I haven't been this happy since earlier this year.

Today I'm staying over Vontrell house before he goes on tour with Ciara. Every since Nakai and the dancers made it to her video, they've been performing with her lately. Me? Now I'm the English teacher that I always wanted to be. I teach English 2. I have my own apartment, and for once I feel so independent. Something that I always wanted to be. Coming up to Vontrell house I see two cars in the parking lot, while one was just leaving.

I frowned up my face. What is going on? I cut of the car, grabbed Vonnie and I food, and hopped out. I came to the door to hear yelling.

''What the fuck?''

I knocked on the door, to hear the yelling coming to a stop. The door swings open, revealing a confused Vontrell. I smiled slightly, ''Hey baby'' I hugged him, while he kissed my cheek. I made my way in to see his brother Montrell face in his palms. ''What's going on?'', I asked. Vontrell shook his head, ''Montrell could possibly have a baby'', he whispered to me.

I smiled,''Oh that's great. Mel- Vontrell shook his head. ''No, Melinda isn't pregnant'' I frowned up my face, but once I realized what he said, my eyes widens. WHAT? I looked over to Montrell, and gasped. ''How could you Montrell? Melinda loves you''

I gave Vontrell the bag of food, and sat over by Montrell. Confusion was plastered all over his face. ''I know but me and Melinda was on a break then. I had a one night stand with this girl, and she just up and left. I didn't think that she would end up pregnant''

Vontrell stuffed some fries into his mouth,''That's why your ass supposed to wrap it up, dumb ass'', he snarls. Montrell bald up his fist, ''I did man. I wouldn't have sex with some broad unprotected. Esspecially her ass!'', he yells back. I put my head down, and let everything processed in my mind. I came to chill with my boyfriend, yet I came to a live Jerry Springer show.

''And check this babe, the girl died while giving birth to the baby. Her boyfriend came over, and gave Montrell the news.'' Vontrell shook his head, ''I can't believe Nakai just gave that man my address like that''

My eyebrows furrowed, ''Wait Nakai? Who's the guy that came over?'', I asked. ''Some man named Terrence Howard. Him and Nakai just left here'', Montrell told me.

I started to hyperventilate. I couldn't breathe. Did he just say Terrence? Vontrell came to me, and got on his knees. ''Baby are you okay?'' I shook my head no, and continued to cough. ''Get me some water'', he told his brother. Montrell jogged to the kitchen, while Vontrell sat close by me.

''Okay breathe in and out, slowly okay Shae?'' I nodd my head, and did what he told me to do'' I placed my hand on my chest, and breathe in slowly. ''Here'' Montrell gave me my water, and I took big gulps of it. Terrence was here? With Nakai? The same girl that wanted to beat his face in, when she found out he cheated on me? My sister Nakai? This can't be.

I handed over the glass, and sat back in the sofa. ''What made you catch an anxiety attack like that?'' I sighed, then looked down to my fingers. Here I am, telling my entire truth. The truth about my relationship with Terrence and I.

''Remember I told you that I was once engaged?'' Vontrell nod his head. ''Well that's the man that I was engaged to. And he left me for Sasha. Sasha Jones'', I mumbled.

Montrell gasped,''That's the girl I slept with'', he exclaimed.

My eyes widens,''So Sasha's dead?''

''You dated Terrence?'', Vontrell asked stunned. I smacked my teeth, ''Yeah I did Vontrell'' Vontrell shook his head in disbelief, ''Wow. Small world''

I nodd my head, ''I agree'' The room gotten quiet. I can tell that everyone is thinking. Sasha is dead. The lady that gave me pure hell in Baltimore is dead. As much as I want to be happy, but I'm not. Sasha changed my life. She built me into a strong woman that I am today.

''Well her funeral is next week an-

''I want to go'', I said interrupting Montrell.

He frowned, ''I'm going so I could get tested, then I'm going to see my baby. I heard she's been in the hospital every since she was born'' 

''Damn man, I'll go with you. But how you're going to tell Melinda?'', Vontrell asked him. Montrell shrugged his arms, ''I don't know. But I'm taking care of my baby. No matter what.''

I sat there looking at the ground. It's funny how Sasha always popping up in my life. Even when I'm not in Baltimore.