both continuations

(edited, just fixed some grammar stuff)
EDITED AGAIN BCS I WANTED TO ADD MORE DETAILS LMAO

A/n
At this point y'all are just reading both povs so I don't wanna bother re-writing Aether's death part because that's too much work and I hate myself
Aether dies the same way anyways so

Y/n POV:
After we finished our meal, I asked Xiangling to give me my house keys so I can go home. As I was walking alone, a familiar face caught my eye.

"Paimon? Where's.. Aether..?" I asked the floating creature.

Her eyes were puffed up and red, as if she's been crying. Her clothes had hints of blood.

She then summoned something. Aether's sword. It was covered in blood, as if someone had been stabbed with it.

I dropped my keys as I realize what happened. Soon after dropping to the ground myself.

Nobody was around to see me, and Paimon. Well that's what I thought at first.

I started wailing, crying screaming. I wanted to let it all out. Aether, the one who helped me the most has been killed. With his own sword.

Albedo POV, Aether's murder:
He ran to try and find Y/n in dragonspine. Panicking.

If she rats him out who knows what'll happen? Jail time? Banned from Mondstadt? Excecuted?

Although he can surely beat all of them, he was mostly thinking about Klee.
Her reaction, her words, her tears.
He didn't want to hurt her.

He was rushing every corner of dragonspine, until he saw Aether.

"Aether!" He yelled, panting from being tired and drank a potion. Which made him instantly regenerate stamina.

"Albedo? What're you doing? And why are you panting a lot?" The floating white child like creature spoke.

"Y/n.. Have you seen them?" Albedo asked, rushed and panicked. Yet his voice remained the same. Calm, collected and genuine. Which hid his true feelings.

"Yeah actually! We saw them a few nights ago wandering at dragonspine near crystal flies. Paimon thought you asked to get them some supplies for your research stuff or something so we didn't bother them, why?" Paimon explained

Albedo looked petrified, as if he's seen a ghost.

" No no this can't be happening. They're not dead right? They can't die of Hypothermia. They have pyro so.. Why. Why why why why why why wh-"

"Albedo? Are you alright?" The braided blonde boy asked.

Albedo looked up. He looked furious.

"You." He said, until he went into a fit of rage.

"You're probably the reason they're gone. YOU should've told them to go back to me. This is your fault god dammit. THIS IS YOU'RE FAULT THEY'RE GONE"
Albedo yelled

The two obviously confused but aether got in his stance and Paimon scared shitless, disappeared.

Albedo and Aether were fighting. Meanwhile Aether was still confused on why this was happening, tried explaining and asking him what was going on.

But he didn't listen.

Albedo grabbed the hilt of Aether's sword and pulled it out of his hand, the blade of it leaving some scars.

As soon as he grabbed the sword he turned the point to Aether. And laughed maniacally.

"This is what you get." He said, and stabbed him in the top middle of his torso, where a part of his shirt would be.

It seemed to be his weak spot. As he couldn't move anything, he couldn't even lift a finger.

And with that, Albedo left him to bleed alone, and die of Hypothermia.

Paimon POV:
Paimon appeared again, hoping the fight would be over.
But instead, met Aether on the ground bleeding to death.

"TRAVELER!" She yelled, tears prickling her eyes.

She grabbed the hilt of the sword but was too weak to pull it out. So she didn't.

She held Aether's hand, tears blurring almost everything. Yet she can see him smiling gently and her.

"Don't cry now.. We'll be together again someday. I'm sorry I have to leave you like this. im sorry I always call you emergency food." He slightly laughed at the joke, trying to bright up the mood. But he failed to do so.

"Paimon doesn't care if you call Paimon emergency food! Call Paimon that all you want but please.. Don't leave Paimon.." She said, crying.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way.. Maybe I wasn't meant for this world.." He slowly said. Tears falling down both their faces.

"Can I... Ask you a favor, Paimon?" He asked weakily.

"Yes! Yes anything.." She said, gripping his hand tighter.

"If you meet my sister someday... Tell her I love her... Alright?" He said, smiling once again. His once bright golden eyes have turned slightly dull.

"Yes. Paimon promises you! Please... Don't leave Paimon.." She said shaking, crying.

"If you-" He was interrupted by a cough, blood came out.

"If you want to talk.. Or miss me... Just look up at the sky.. I'll be there, watching over you.." He said.

"I'll miss you Paimon"

He looked up to the sky, everything was blurry and it was slowly turning dark.

"I feel warm"

He said, smiling and closing his eyes. Paimon wasn't able to say anything, she was speechless at this point.

She silently cried, holding his hand tighter and tighter, sobbing louder and louder.

He then started fading away. Although, the blood marked the snow.

Paimon had her head down to where Aether was, remembering all the times they've been together, all their journeys, and without realizing, cried herself to sleep.

After a few hours, she woke up.
Aether was gone. All that was left was a falled, bloody sword.

The own sword he was stabbed with.

She tried picking it up but it was too heavy.

So she tried, every single day.

Until she finally managed to pick it up without almost falling.

"Paimon promises you." She said, with teary and puffy red eyes and flew to Liyue alone.

All alone.

With nobody but herself.

She put the sword in her void area so she doesn't have to grip it all the time.

Every night, she'd cry herself to sleep, holding a part of the sword.

Sometimes too tightly, leading her to get some scars and blood on her clothes.

But she didn't care.

She didn't blame Y/n. maybe she knew they had a reason to leave him in the first place.

Paimon never felt resented to Y/n.

Although she felt guilty for not being able to save, nor help Aether.

Now, all that's left of him is his sword.

S/n
Sp uhm
I toadlly didnr cry writigng this jajssha wtm

also FUN FACT!! when dying of hypothermia, your body will start to feel warm before you die 🥰🥰
So remember, if its supposed to be freezing cold and you start feeling warm without a heat source, then you're dying