21•

On our way out of the carnival we walk past some food stands.

"I'm hungry, wanna grab something to go?" Nick asks us.

We all agree upon grabbing food we just haven't decided what to get.

"Okay, what about pretzels?" Matt suggests.

"Nah, only if you like eating soggy salty bread" nicks says.

"How about churros"  chris asks.

"Fucking yuck" Matt says in disgust.

"Oh my god you guys. There's times of shit here to get. Popcorn, candy apples, cotton candy, funnel cakes, French fries, corn dogs. Shall I go on?" I say while crossing my arms looking at the three.

"I'm down for funnel cakes" chris shrugs.

"Yeah me too" Nick and Matt add on.

"Alright then, come on" I say already on my way to the stand.

It wasn't a long walk over so we made it pretty quickly. We get up and order four funnel cakes of our choosing.

"That'll be $22.38" the cashier said.

We all pay for our food individually because no one could agree upon letting just one person pay for it all.

Once we have our food we make our way out of the fair grounds.

We get to the van and Matt unlock it letting everyone get in. Matts driving, Nick in passenger and chris and I in the backseat.

Matt makes his way out of the fair grounds as safely as he can with all the people and vehicles in the parking lot. I rest my head on Chris's shoulder and hold his hand intertwining our fingers.

"Kins, your knuckles" chris says while bringing my hand up closer for him to look at.

I look up at him.

"chris I'm fine" I say.

"It's okay to not be okay" he says looking at me softly.

"I know" I say while resting my head back on his shoulder.

~Time Skip~

We pulled into the driveway and we got out of the van and quietly made our way into the house careful not to wake up Mary Lou.

We all go out separate ways and say goodnight to each other.

I set my bag on the floor and go change into more comfy clothes. I come out to see chris sitting in the bed waiting for me.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him.

He doesn't respond he just gets up and takes me hand bringing me to his bathroom.

"Sit" he tells me.

I do so, I sit on the edge of the tub while he fishes through his cabinet grabbing band aids cotton swabs and disinfectant.

He kneels down and takes my hand, he looks up at me.

"this might hurt a bit" he tells me.

He takes some cotton swabs and dips it in the disinfectant. He gently applies it to my knuckles, i wince pulling my hand back.

"Sorry" he says still keeping his eyes on my hand.

He finishes cleaning my knuckles up and throws puts a band aid on my cut.

"Kins" he says in a low voice.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Can I see you're arm please?" He asks.

I don't respond right away I just stand there thinking about whether I should show him or not.

"You don't have to if you don't want to" he says.

I turn around facing the wall, I slowly remove the sweater I put on revealing my arm. I turn back towards chris just standing there feeling his eyes on me.

"Kins I'm so sorry" he says quietly still examining my arm.

"For what?" I ask him.

"Not being there and-" I cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Chris you were there, Nick and Matt were there to. I'm fine" I say while grabbing his face with my hands looking at him slightly smiling.

He places his hands on my hips just looking at me.

"I can't stand to see you hurt kins, it doesn't matter if it's a little scratch or anything serious. I can't stand to see you in any sort of pain. And seeing that guys having his hands on you just made me furious" he says as he looks back down at the floor.

"I can handle a little scratch and a creepy guy. I had matt and Nick there, I also had you. That's the most important thing to me. Tonight was amazing and I wouldn't change it for anything. I spent time with my best friends on scary rides, I also spent time with my amazing, kind, brave and chivalrous boyfriend. I'm glad you stepped up, chris. I love you" I say looking at him with a soft smile.

"I love you to ,kins" he says looking back up at me.

I stand on my tippy toes and give chris a soft kiss.