Cross My Heart

'Joce, are you okay?!' Brian asked in a rush as he hurried to check her for any wounds that could be fatal. He found none and kissed her cheek as he hugged her tightly. That shot he had taken at the crazy bitch was exciting and the adrenaline rush was still buzzing through him.

Jocelyn whimpered softly. He was holding her too tightly. She tapped him on the neck. His hold loosened and she could look up at him.

'Thank you so much. I thought I was gone for sure. You are mi caballero de brillante armadura*. Love you, Bri.' Jocelyn pressed a kiss to his collarbone as he hugged her again before realizing she wasn't going anywhere.

She looked up after the shock wore off and saw Dominic and his team. The leader wore a look of pain that she couldn't understand. Had he gotten hurt?

Jocelyn wanted to tell him that she was here for him. But that would contradict her so badly. So she just let Brian hold her and in that moment her life was a little bit easier.

Brian fixed up the small cuts and bruises she had gotten from the tango with Benny's wife. Her split lip looked so red and angry that Brian couldn't help but smile in remembrance at her wild life in high school.

'What's so funny, Bunny Boy?' The Latina joked as she poked Brian in the chest. He backed off with hands in surrender but here he goes with a random story. 'Remember when I had this girlfriend named Candace... You tried to beat her up when you caught her in the bathroom with some other guy.' He was full out chuckling while Jocelyn slowly reminisced.

'Yeah back then, I wasn't much for fighting girls because they always came with a lawsuit. So I beat the guy's ass so bad.' Jocelyn admitted as she caught a look at Dom while he was examining the warehouse with his buddies. She saw what she believed a huge resemblance to her older brother but Jovan had long, curly hair. 'Do you think we would've worked out?'

Brian got confused until he saw the way Joce chewed on her bottom lip as she watched Dominic. Her eyes glowed with mischief and something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Was she seriously about to fall head over heels for that man?

'Give it a shot. The girl I remember from back then would kick anyone's ass who believed that she couldn't do something. Plus, he's a good man. All about family.' Joce nodded slowly, she had seen how family oriented he was.

Brian told her he would finish the drop for her with Dominic at his side but the fiery Latina wasn't having that.

'I need to find out if Jovanni is still alive. If he isn't, I'm not giving up this money.' Joce seemed immensely calm right now though her head felt so heavy with all the thoughts racing through it.

An hour later, Joce was staring into the eyes of Benny. He had a hand on the had of a vicious dog and another on his gun sitting in his lap. She scoffed at the idea earlier, but getting shot was not on her list of things to do.

'Where's my brother? If you want this then you better get to talking...' Her eyes squinted as she waited for an answer. A legitimate one. Or else.

Benny nodded to someone behind Jocelyn and she looked back. A man carrying a laptop stepped forward. She tried to get a good look but she couldn't see the screen.

Until...

'What's up, Boss? Wondering when you would call to let me end this piece of sh--' A huge man was cut off on the screen as Jovan appears and Joce gasps loudly.

'Chad, cut it out! As you can see, we have a guest. Here we have my old friend Jocelyn Reyes. And that is her brother, correct?' Benny stated.

The camera zoomed in on Jovan's face which was bloody and bruised. It was so gruesome that Jocelyn almost cried at the scene. She clenched her fists tightly.

'Give him to me, Benyamin. You can have it all just give me my goddamn brother.' Jocelyn hissed in a serious tone. She threw the rest of the money down and glared at those who dared give her a smirk. 'He's no use to you in that state.' Joce declared.

Benny shook his head.

He tsked at her like she was a naughty child.

'You see, I would have let him go with you but I heard about the killing of my wife, Natalya. I think instead of giving him to you, you give yourself to me. A life for a life.'

Jocelyn felt the horror creep in. She could feel that this could go both ways. Her brother could be free and she would die or they would both die. She made up her mind in two seconds. No hesitation.

'Just let me see him go free and I'll do whatever you want.'

There was no turning back. This was it.