The Talk

Their eyes were filled with emotions, but no words could express how badly they both felt about what had gone down. Jovanni needed to apologize for everything Jocelyn had to do by herself for his daughter. Jocelyn needed to understand that it wasn't entirely his fault.

'Can I start by saying that you have done a great job with Sadie?' He finally got the words out and watched her smile. It wasn't as bright as her usual but it was enough.

Jocelyn brushed it off as nothing. He would do the same for her if the situation was reversed.

'Well I was raised to know that family is forever... She needed someone and there was no one but me to step up.' Jocelyn shrugged. She didn't need a thank you for doing something that was necessary.

The tired look in their eyes were matching. Jocelyn still felt a heaviness when she stood up too fast and Jovanni could barely keep from massaging his sore muscles. They had been through a lot.

'What's up with you and Dominic?' The big brother mode was not lost on Jocelyn. She blushed. 'What do you think? I mean, I don't know. It's complicated.' The past few weeks were taken into account plus the month of servicing the man was not taken lightly.

She had taken a step backwards at the beginning but now her feelings were jumbled up. It was time to fight for what was real. And these looks between then were either going to make or break them.

'Talk to me if you do pursue him. It's not only my worry for you but this seems like a really good time to settle out of that life we once had.' Jovanni held onto his sister as she smiled throughout all the hurt and emotions. He was there 100 percent so she should never doubt that. 'I will, promise.' Her pinky shot out like when they were kids.

He laughed at her childish game, but knew that this was what they needed to get back. They needed this trust and this closeness that they used to cherish so much.

'Now about what went down 3 years ago...' Joce chimed after they finished up their promising.

Jovanni's attitude completely changed. He had put them through a lot and he knew he would catch hell from his sister as soon as she found out. So this was a bit of a throw it all out the window moment.

'Saundra, Sadie's mom, was in hiding when we took her in. I fell in love with her personality and how she cared for everyone in a motherly way. When I found out she was pregnant, I changed a little.'

He paused to let this sink in for Joce. She nodded for him to continue already know in this.

'Well, Benny offered me to do this job for him with a price of $100,000 and my own garage in Florida. I thought it would be best if I did the job and take my family to somewhere better...'

He huffed at what he was about to say next.

'I didn't know it was another man's wife we were kidnapping that Benny wanted. Yes, Natalya. She went with Benny willingly so I don't understand why we were needed but then I asked him why he would risk our lives for a stupid chick. That's where I messed up big time...'

Jovanni didn't go into all the gruesome details of what happened to him while he was there. He just let her know what and why he was away for a long time. It would have been longer if Jocelyn hadn't shown up because Benny was very sadistic and willing to let him suffer a very lonely, painful imprisonment until he eventually went go crazy.

She could only imagine what they did to him. Yet here he was without a look of sorrow or darkness in his eyes. He was her big brother, best friend, and protector in the flesh. She only wanted to hold him and help him in every way possible to getting back familiar with his daughter.

After their talk, Jocelyn began to see a lot more of the bond between Jovanni and Sadie who were complete strangers at the moment. Sadie had seen her father at her first year and then nothing. Jocelyn could only do so much to keep her educated about the man.

'Mommy, can me and Daddy go get ice cream?' Sadie looked super excited to be leaving with him that Jocelyn couldn't say no.

It was not her say for Sadie not to go with her own father. The rules were not the same for this family. If in that moment Jocelyn said No, Sadie would be upset and run to take some time to herself and Jovanni wouldn't understand. So she just threw the ball back into his court for the time being.

'How about we ask Daddy if you can go get ice cream? He is an adult, too. You can ask him anything and I'm sure he will give you an answer, Sadie.' Jocelyn winked at Jovanni as she watched Sadie turn to him with her puppy dog eyes.

She caught Dom looking at her from the corner of her eye and used head signals to gesture him to come outside with her. It had been a couple of hours since they had kissed, but there was nothing to think about. This was right, this was it.