I Feel It

A month later, Joce has moved into her new home with the help of her friends and family. Jovanni and Mercedes are also residents in the house along with Chevy. Dom pretends to keep it traditional and doesn't spend the night.

'Another date? Okay, I'll see if I can get a sitter. Sadie's climbing up the wall since Jovan left to go collect with Roman.' Joce spoke through the phone as she ran fingers through Sadie's curls.

The child squirmed as she watched her daily cartoons.

Jocelyn had been having romantic dinners with Dominic ever since they made their declarations. Soon after, Joce let Dom take her out to places that he had known as a child and they'd talk for hours. Being with Dom made her feel right again.

'Mommy, am I to call you Auntie now? Daddy explained how things like that worked. I like calling you 'Mommy' cause I never had one when other girls did.' Sadie sat up unexpectedly making Joce end her phone call quicker than she'd like.

'Love you, too.' She put the phone away and turned to stare into Sadie's wide eyes. 'If you would like. I don't mind being called your Mommy because to me, you feel like my daughter, but yes I am your Aunt.'

Sadie hummed. She was content with that. Her life had never been easy but it had been manageable with her aunt at her side. Never once did she not feel loved, completely and wholeheartedly.

'So are you going to marry Uncle Dom?' She asked with a wide smile as if she knew something that Jocelyn did not. 'He likes you and you like him, isn't that the next step?'

Jocelyn laughed with so much mirth and happiness that it brought a furry friend to her side.

'In the future, if we make it to that point. Yes, I will want to marry Dom. But it goes both ways, love.'

The next morning, Joce made breakfast for Sadie and took Chevy on a morning run while Brian and Mia watched over her niece.

They had come to visit for the weekend as she invited them for her housewarming party. Everything had died down. She was ready to let people see how well everything was put together.

'So how do you feel? In this big, old house?' Mia skated around her real question to see if Joce would tell her the truth on her own. 'I know, Mia. He's your brother and I'm not some bimbo running around with no idea how he feels.' Joce kept her voice level but she felt like she could say and give Mia more than that.

Sadie interrupted them as she rushed to Joce holding up a burrito. It was Joce's favorite. Steak, cheese, and peppers. The smell, though, made Joce feel nauseous and lightheaded.

'What's wrong? It's her favorite.' Sadie said as Joce ran to the bathroom with her hand covering her mouth. Mia looked just as confused as the little girl. She had seen Joce devour at least six of those before she could get enough.

But they were distracted by loud barking and the slamming of car doors.

'Letty in the house!' Said woman screamed as she hopped out of her car and held up two packs of beer.

Dom, Vince, Leo, Roman, and Jovanni were with her but in separate cars. They had also brought dates if they needed one.

Joce was busy cleaning up the mess she made and brushing her teeth. It had been like this for two weeks now. She was starting to question her health altogether now.

Wait a second...

She had missed her period last month and the one for this month had shown no signs of coming. So this was kind of scary right now. They never talked about having kids mainly because she had Sadie to worry over. Now if this wasn't a pregnancy scare, but the real thing..,

'Hey, You are the Hostess. I came to... what's wrong? You don't look so good.' Dom came further into the nicely decorated bathroom.

Joce barely registered his presence before she touched her forehead and whispered aloud.

'I don't feel so good.'

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and everything went black.