To You

For a split second, Jocelyn could have sworn she was in Nirvana. It was so amazing what she saw but there was a darkness lurking around that made her want to turn back around. Then she saw it...

A flash so bright that she blinked and kpet blinking until the place of Paradise turned into a hospital room. She could see the bright lights shining down on her but what felt weird was when she heard everyone's voice in her head. Mercedes, Jovanni, Brian, Roman, Dom...

'Miss, can you hear me? You lost a lot of blood from a serious wound in the back of your head. We stitched it up and gave you a few blood transfusions. Can you tell me your name?' The doctor stated as Jocelyn could only stare ahead.

She though about how she had almost died and the voices still going through her head.
'J-Jocel-lyn R-Reyes.' Her voice was hoarse and sounded deep. She placed a hand over her dry throat to decrease the heavy feeling on it.

The doctor gave her a glass of water and stood back to let her finish. He needed to discuss with her how she got the injury and if she was in danger of a concussion. So when she was done, he began the questioning.

'I have to ask you a few things that may be unclear at the moment. Are you in any gang or anything? Do you know how you got here? Is your life in danger?' He seemed to be a little investigator.

Jocelyn took in each question and thought up an answer. She got comfortable and started on the first one which was easy.

'I'm not in a gang. I never was and never will be. For the second question, I don't really know. The last question is complicated because as of right now I do not know. Is there a phone I can use?' She needed to call her family and see if they were okay.

Last night had been crazy, but by some saving grace she was here in the hospital and not with Benny's devious butt. Her eyes became heavy and the doctor only gave her a light smile. She didn't want to sleep, she wanted a phone call.

'Hold onto me. Hold on, Joce.' A voice whispered into her ear as she slept as peacefully as you could in a hospital.

All she could remember was she wrapped her arms around the warmest body ever and snuggled deeply into it while hands covered her own body.

When she awoke, her eyes roamed the room that was obviously not the hospital room she had woke up in. She began to panic that Benny had found her and brought her back to this dreadful place of his. Anything but that.

Someone knocked and she pulled the covers over her body which was covered by a huge white wifebeater. There was a sound of mumbling and then someone walked in. She was prepared to throw the lamp right beside the bed but slowly put it down once she saw who it was.

'Jovanni, oh my God! How are you here?' She was so excited as she hopped out of the bed and crushed her older brother with a hug. He returned the hug along with placing a few kisses at the crown of her messy hair. 'I want a hug from Mommy, too.' Sadie's voice broke them from their happy reunion.

Jocelyn lifted the girl up to give her a hug and a kiss. Sadie could only whisper to her aunt that she loved and missed her. They both were emotional for not seeing each other for awhile. It was always them together if nothing else.

'How about us? We saved her life.' Brian and Roman walked in next and Jocelyn's face split into a huge grin. She gave them both a great big hug and kiss. They were her family and they were here for her. 'Thanks always, my Saviours.'

But she felt someone else was in need of a thank you now that she thought about it...

He walked in with that nonchalant stare that made Jocelyn smile with amusement. He cared but it was hard to show that when you were being teased by two knuckleheads. She reached forward to give him a handshake.

When he grabbed her hand to shake, she pulled him close and kissed him. He was in shock but the feeling of her safe in his arms was enough to turn him off to all the reasons why he should stop.

'Eww Mommy's kissing Uncle Dom!' Sadie spoke in a tone of disgust.

They pulled away to take a breath and glance down at the girl who was pouting. Jocelyn smiled at how cute she was. If anything, this wasn't the worst she had done with a guy.

'Can we talk?' Jovanni asked as he finally caught his sister's attention. She nodded before watching all the guests slowly leave. Dom squeezed her hand before leaving telling her that they would have their time later.