I'm Sorry, But What?!

Several weeks later, the house had grown quiet and everyone was searching for something to occupy the silence.

Dom began to spend more time with Sadie who had been left behind to spend more time with her father. The child was so smart that he felt like he was talking to her aunt every time they had a conversation. Dom saw Jocelyn inside of the little girl.

Mia and Brian were getting closer and Vince was beginning to realize that he no longer had a fighting chance.

'Hey Dom, Letty asked me to give you this. She said something about a rookie willing to pay about half a mil for some racing skills.' Mia handed her brother an envelope before grabbing her book bag off the kitchen table.

Brian kissed her when she walked past not wanting to rub any sweat off of his body on to hers. Jovanni stepped in after him with intentions to grab a drink of water. He leaned over to ruffle his daughter's hair.

'Hey!' Sadie pouted as she ran a hand over her curls.

She was getting bigger and her eyes were getting brighter like Jocelyn's. The group was well aware of this as they stared at her with eyes filled with concern. All of them were willing to protect her.

'Anything yet?' Jovanni asked Dom. He gave the other man a look that crushed his hopes.

They had been listening for any word on the woman even as she had asked for her space. They wanted to be sure that Benny did not have her again or that she was okay.

'Dom, Brian, check the news!' Mia ran back inside with a panicked voice. She looked on the brink of tears.

Brian switched on the television and the news lit up the screen. He looked at Dom and Jovanni as they stared in shock at the news.

A woman was found in a parking garage bleeding half to death for about an hour before someone found her. She has been rushed to St. James Hospital in the North California area. Her chances of survival are pretty low.

The news flashed images that were brutal and gruesome. Brian held Mia as she cried in agony at the sight of them. They had just found their wandering member.

When Dom rushed to the hospital speeding as fast as he could, no one dared stop him.

'Sir you can't--' The nurse tried to hold Dom back but he pushed past her. He scoured the emergency room until he caught sight of a doctor who could help him.

'Gunshot wound victim? Female? She should be in surgery... We can find you when she has been put into a room and her vitals are stable.' The doctor seemed to be preoccupied as he gave Dom as much information as he could give.

Hours passed and Dom was a mess as he stared at the white walls and smelled the cleanser. It was horrific to believe this was the place that determines your fate most of the time. Not here, not her.

'Sir, you were asking about our Jane Doe? She has been stabilized, but be warns there are some behaviors that we are concerned about.' The previous doctor told him and led him to the room where Jocelyn was hopefully resting.

He pushed open the door to reveal the pasty skin of a woman that used to resemble the color of cafe au lait. She looked so helpless and weak. He wanted to know if this was his final goodbye or what.

'Is she okay?' He needed to know.

The doctor smiled genuinely as he nodded.

Dom entered the room and reached out to touch her when he was at the edge of her bed. She was cold, but her skin felt soft and her pulse was easy to find. Her eyes were closed and the twitch of her nose once in a while made him lean closer.

'Can you hear me? Don't let this moment die with all of our other moments.' He whispered.

She groaned in pain. Her eyes slowly opened and adjusted just as slowly before they settled on Dom. She stared at him with a curious smile.

'Who are you? Why are you here?' She asked.

The doctor nodded in confirmation.

Dom was lost.

The woman he was in love with had amnesia.

How could he get past that? How could she?