Oc #5

Name : Jirou Shiraishi
Nicknames: Ji, Ji-Ji, Rou, Shiraishi, Shira, Shiro, Rai-Rai, Ishi, Space case, reporter boy, Jay
Age: (recently) 20+ (like first appearance is like, a month after his birthday recent)
Gender: Male
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Orientation: Homoromantic asexual
Alliance: N/A, he's a reporter for a local newspaper
Personality: A generally anxious, easy to stress and standoffish character, who may I just say gets paranoid exceptionally easily, that is mostly due to his ability..though he also just, genuinely doesn't like to be around people very often either for that matter, in spite of his job. He's definitely on the indecisive side, and more than a little spineless, always ready to admit he's wrong if it means pacifying a situation in some way (or like before, where he did it to avoid making his girlfriend angry). He's rather, toned down to be totally blunt, internalizing his problems with ease, and just, fading to the background as much as he possibly can when it comes to being in public. Jirou just sees himself as a needy problem however, since he needs validation on almost everything in order to be at least somewhat confident with what he does, can't make decisions for himself when it comes to group activities, and his pride is held together by string and tape..those are just on fire and ready to snap at the first cut. Should you get close to him however (his trust is easy to gain, but it takes him a bit to settle down), you'll easily see he's got quite the silver tongue (if not already evident by his ability to deflect questions), and he really just needs someone to latch onto in order to keep himself on track. He's a genuine guy that tries to help out where he can, he just gets scared way too easily.
Height: 5,8
Weight: 113 lbs
Hair colour and length: Jirou's hair is light brown (almost dirty blonde really, though he just finds it easier to describe like that), and it is rather similar in length and style to his FaceClaim, it's just shaved on the sides (undercut pretty much) because he finds it easier to wear his blindfold with it like that.
Eye colour: Pale emerald
Skin colour: Beige
FaceClaim: Von Herder from Moriarty the Patriot

 Eye colour: Pale emeraldSkin colour: Beige FaceClaim: Von Herder from Moriarty the Patriot

Voiceclaim: Wakana Gojo from My Dress Up Darling

Body scars: Jirou would say the worst one is his right eye, due to him damaging it in order to 'try and turn off his ability' back in high school in the middle of a panic attack..he just isn't sure if it's considered a scar. His actual scars are rather small beyond that, some of them just have a lot more story behind them compared to the others, examples being the small one on his forehead, from a coworker opening a locker a bit to far (and hard), and catching him with it, or his nose, since his girlfriend slammed the door in his face and hit it..which led to it being a bit crooked, as well getting a couple of scars due to the splinters that came from it.
Clothing: It doesn't really change very much between work and free time, since he mostly wears plain, baggy, black clothing in any scenario, it helps him not stand out after all. So it's usually just some variation of black oversized jeans, a black t-shirt, a long sleeve underneath that (that being where he adds some colour, if he steps out of his comfort zone), and his black boots, which are beaten to hell and covered in dirt due to how often he has them on. In colder months, he'll add on an over shirt and jacket of course, and in the warmer months it may just be a t-shirt and jeans, but this is what he's most comfortable with.
Likes: Working late, writing, light clothing, dark colours, being left alone, astronomy (which adds into why he likes working late), salty food, spray paint, being in the background, small crowds, being at home (his safe place, as he calls it), early mornings and lattes
Dislikes: Nighttime, ghost stories, loud noises, being out in public (by extension public dates, because he's afraid the other person will be embarrassed by him), small spaces, blood, large crowds, strong feelings (tastes, scents, etc), sweets and coffee (too bitter)
Ability: N / A (He doesn't even know what he has is an ability, but he would probably call it 'all seeing eyes', or something like that)
Ability description: 'All Seeing Eyes', is an ability is a constantly going one that allows the user to see as well as interact with the dead just like any other person. Jirou usually caps it at that, though if he were able to actually gain a handle on it..and maybe calm down a little, he'd be capable of letting spirits possess him and use his body for a short period of time. (he'd of course feel very disoriented after they leave him, being put in a state of sensory overload when he's back to his senses, and he'd probably pass out if the inhabitant pushed him too hard.).
Strengths:His main skills lie with writing of course, since he can convey his thoughts much easier through the media, and even spin the most broken interview ever into some form of article. Jirou also has a talent for picking up on non-verbal cues in certain scenarios, like a nervous tick or just, general signs of discomfort. Like I've mentioned before, he's also rather silver-tongued, which is convenient when it comes to interviews (as well as probably lying for members of whatever group he's interviewing if they need him too.), and it really leads into his skill in sidestepping the spotlight.
Flaws: His lack of self confidence would have to be his biggest downfall..in the words of his boss at least, because he's got the skills he needs, and they come pretty naturally too, he's just a panic attack waiting to happen that is more than a little deprived on validation. He comes off as rather needy with this as well, which has backed him even further into a corner..and leads him into trusting way too easily as a way to search for that connection (may he say once again, his ex). His paranoia often gets to him pretty easily too might I add, and occasionally leads to self destructive outbursts that, don't stop very easily, and he's quick with blaming himself, especially after incidents like those.
Fears: He is absolutely terrified of the paranormal, his ability really doing a number on him after a while..because the ghosts got more scary the older he got. A couple of other fears though would be death, his friends being hurt by the ghosts he can communicate with, large amounts of blood, large crowds, being a bother to people, being alone, and airplanes
Friends: (work friends)Taiga Gojo, Megumi Hasegawa (by extension Shinji Murasaki),and Yogi Kano
Atsushi Nakajima, Kenji Miyazawa, Ranpo Edogawa, Naomi / Junichiro Tanizaki, Kirako Hirano, Kōyō Ozaki (she's one of the calmer ones, he prefers talking to her), Sakunosuke Oda, and Edgar Alan Poe
Family: (pre-transition name) Miyako Shiraishi (post-transition name) Asa Shiraishi (older sister)
And an unnamed mother and father (prefers not to talk about them)
Enemies: That really just depends on the day, like for example, he goes back and forth on Chiaki Arata (his ex), because he always looks for a way to put himself in the wrong, but gets swayed into thinking otherwise by other people.
Love interests:
Sakunosuke Oda

 Love interests:Sakunosuke Oda

Ranpo Edogawa

Or Atsushi Nakajima

Or Atsushi Nakajima

Habits: - He has the tendency to mess with the end of his blindfold in a lot of scenarios

Habits:
- He has the tendency to mess with the end of his blindfold in a lot of scenarios. (nervous, annoyed, or just plain bored)
- He doodles on the side of his paper on occasion during interviews  just to keep himself a bit more focused and not looking around.
- He often rolls writing utensils like pens and pencils between his fingers if he gets stuck while writing, that being another way of keeping himself focused.
- He's a lot more restless whenever he can sense a ghost in the area , though he tries to keep it contained by doing simple acts of self destruction, like picking a scab or biting the inside of his cheek.
Hobbies: Hobbies? Don't know them, at this point Jirou only knows writing and doodling, however he used to be a pretty decent violin player, and took a lot more time with drawing before he picked up work at the newspaper.
Quotes:
"J-Jirou Shiraishi, I hope we can get along...alive or dead." (Introduction)
"Sorry, thought I saw something over that's all, I-I swear!" (Excuse for 'spacing out')
"Do you think I of all people would know what to do with an ability? It's not like the one I have is useful either.."
"I just want to..turn of my eyes, permanently, does that make sense..?"
Theme Song: People Allergy by Kairiki Bear

Other:
-He's fresh out of an abusive relationship with his first appearance, and still having very many issues with getting over it.
- He's only blind in one eye (his right), he just chooses to wear a blindfold instead because he can't see the ghosts in that case
- He also has a couple of different blindfolds, his favourite one is a gift from his older sister that is just plain red, but it's extremely comfortable.