chapter 5: the lands between part 3

Vanoss and his friends finished buying what they wanted. Wildcat bought a chain armor chest piece and hid it under his jacket. Delirious bought two cookbooks to craft new things on the go. Vanoss bought a telescope and a torch for him to travel at night. Today the guys head to the right of the church to see what else they could fight. There was a soldier that looks like the one they killed in their world, but since they have weapons and magic they killed him easily. Vanoss was trying to see how his magic works, so he looks at his paper to see how he does it. Apparently it involves that keychain that is called a deal, just like delirious staff he needs to hold it tight and concentrate his power. Tho the paper one that has healing involves praying in order to activate it.

Vanoss notice that the fire spell comes from the monks who use this power. Tho he isn't sure who are the monks, but he will soon find them. As they make their way to the path they could see more soldiers and in the distance a cave. Tho to their right is a path that goes to what looks like an outpost for the soldiers. The decided to check out the cave first and than the outpost. To the head to the cave where it's by a pond with giant bugs and some weird looking egg monsters. Vanoss and delirious saw this while wildcat was dealing with the soldier that spotted them.

When wildcat killed the soldier he notice that he drop his crossbow. Wildcat picked it up and examine the crossbow. Delirious and vanoss would use their spells to kill from a distance, tho vanoss needs to be up close to use his magic. But wildcat decided to take the crossbow so that he can fight from a distance to an enemy that is far or is tough to kill. We went back to his friends and they decided to go in the cave and ignore the pond with tho creatures. They see another grace that is half way to the cave, quite odd to see another one that isn't far from the other. They activate the grace and head deeper into the cave, once they are in open area they are met with something that they felt to see. There are a couple of wolves lying on the ground, not only that but there are white wolves. These white wolves are bigger than the others that are around.

Wildcat: what should we do

Vanoss: I say we kill the white wolves first

Delirious: I'll deal with the other wolves

Vanoss: ok than, let's go

With that vanoss attacks the closest wolves and than went for the white wolves. The others went to kill the other wolves that are simple to kill, tho not quite since there's a couple of them. Once they finish off the other wolves they help vanoss kill the white wolves. These move faster and avoid quickly, so they need to time their attack against these creatures. After a while they finally killed them and now can rest from that little battle. Wildcat though of something for the guys and it's not going to good, he went to one of the bodies of the wolves and decided to skin their meat. They aren't sure how there going to get a fire started, but he thinks vanoss has just the magic to do this.

They look around the cave to see what they find around here, vanoss found on the wall some glowing fireflies. He takes out his torch and saw that these fireflies are shinny looking. They look chrome silver and they look quite valuable, to he take a couple of them off the wall and puts them in his pockets. With that done they continue on into the cave and are met with an area that is open. They enter the area and can see there is a tent that is destroyed, corpses of people around, and a lit fire. But that's not they were looking at, by the broken tent is a beast. A monster that looks quite like a werewolf eating a corpse of a soldier. It turns to see them and they can see a better look at this thing. Its face looks more humanoid with sharp teeth, it's stands on two legs, it is also wearing parts of it's clothing, and it wields a sword.

The guys were about to make a plan but the creature didn't think to wait and just charge at them.