chapter 23: exploring the Manor

Vanoss and delirious is seen finished resting at the site of grace as they now enter caria manor. Delirious use his glintstone star to light up the area for them both. If they remember correctly dev said this place is crawling with fingercreepers, so they look around just in case they see one. Delirious looks ahead and he thought he saw something at the fountain, but it could be just an animal. As they were going to the fountain a bits of rubble falls to the ground which cause vanoss and delirious to stop. They both look up and see a giant severed hand on the wall with jewelry rings on each of its fingers. This must be a fingercreeper dev was talking about and it's looks to be waiting for something to pass by it. But they decided to see what it can do when they fight it, delirious shoots his glintstone pebble at the fingercreeper as if falls to the ground. It than turns to see them both even tho it doesn't have any eyes. Like a spider it use it's finger to crawl about and charge directly at them both. They moved out of the way from the fingercreeper as vanoss throws his fireball magic at the monster. This cause it to be set on fire and roll on the ground to put the fire out. This gave them time to attack the fingercreeper while it's vulnerable.

Vanoss and delirious worked together to kill the fingercreeper as it fully dies. Despite how big it is, it's really easy if it's set on fire. After that they continue on into the Manor and encounter more of those fingercreepers. Tho these ones are smaller than the big ones, but they should be easy to take out. Vanoss use his fireball magic to kill the smaller fingercreepers and delirious use his glintstone pebble to kill the ones from afar. After they delt with them they moved ahead and start to see giant blue crystals in the area. But something is wrong about the place, there's no sight of those fingercreepers around. This made them curious yet alerted about the area.

Delirious: I don't like it when there's nothing around

Vanoss: me to but we just -

Delirious: Evan wait!

Vanoss stops in his place from delirious as he wonders what happened. Delirious points at the ground and sees a faint finger tip from a small fingercreeper. It seems they act as bear trap in this manor, vanoss throws his fireball magic at it and sees it jump from the ground and burn into ashes. Now they have to be cautious on the ground as they make their way to more parts of the Manor. They encounter more of them, either they are underground or just walking about. After following the path they came to where a door is seen that goes into the Manor. But one problem is a giant fingercreeper guarding the entrance while it's rubbing it's gold jewelry rings. Vanoss throws his fireball magic at it, but this giant fingercreeper is smart enough to avoid it. It's rings than glow purple and lifts it's finger like it's flipping them off. Then it's shoots a purple magic projectile at them. Vanoss and delirious moves out of the way, but was to late as it exploded and traps vanoss in place.

The giant fingercreeper runs up to vanoss and as it opens it's hands it grabs vanoss in a tight squeeze. Delirious went to help vanoss, but the giant fingercreeper hits delirious with it's back hand. Delirious gets up and shoots his glintstone magic at the giant fingercreeper in hopes that he doesn't hits vanoss. The giant fingercreeper let's go of vanoss and went after delirious, but vanoss use his strength to throw his fireball magic at it and set it on fire. Delirious use his glintstone stars to kill the giant fingercreeper as it burns into ashes.

Delirious: *goes to vanoss* are you ok?

Vanoss: yes.... Whoa.... They are strong then I thought

Delirious: they are giant hands.... So do you need a hand

Vanoss: ha ha vary funny!

Delirious: sorry

After delirious helps vanoss up they make their way into the Manor and see lots of books and crystals. There's a stairs that goes up to the next floor, so they head up and end up in a room that looks like a prayer room. At the end of the room is another door that goes outside and next to it is a site of grace. They activate it and go outside to see a bridge that goes to another part of the bridge. Tho they don't see nothing on the bridge which is good for them. They head on to the bridge and up ahead, and as if nothing happened two ghost like soldiers appears on the bridge. One was close to them and the other is far from them. This freak's them out as they never expected to be facing ghost soldiers, they aren't sure if they could even hit them.