Friends

Bubble Gum- Clairo

I had today and some of tomorrow with Josh, then he has to leave and go back to Texas. There are a million different things I can say or do to try and keep him here longer. However, I am scared. I am scared that if I offered for him to stay longer he'll get weirded out.

A friend of mine named Harry who I dated for a little bit told me I am the most amazing person he's met. And any man that you love is lucky. That I had a different love than what he's seen. It's warmer and fluffier than most. That was when he had a girlfriend. So any decision I've made since then that involves a man was based on that. That men love me. And women want to be me. No, I don't fully believe that but if it makes me feel even the slightest bit better I'll take it.

But this was different. I had a feeling in my gut that Josh wasn't paying attention to me because I looked pretty, I'm famous, or he just felt lonely yesterday. It was that he actually wanted to be with me. Though I may be wrong. But I could also be wrong about being wrong.

I will wait to tell Josh about my feelings for him.

It was 7:20 in the morning and the two of us were sitting on the couch. Josh's head was still sitting on my lap with my hand in his hair. My eyes were still closed when I felt him move. A few seconds of stillness, then he moved once more leading to him sitting up. I could hear him stand up and walk away. Based on the loud creak he had just opened the bathroom door. I opened my eyes and looked around. The tv was off, the bag of popcorn was empty on the table, and Bowie had been laying right next to us. I grabbed my phone and was reminded of the texts from Frannie.

Honestly, in a few days, people will forget they ever saw me with a man. A man that I don't know if they are even single or like me.

I heard the door open and looked back to see Josh walking toward me. He was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt that I think is Devon's. When did we change? His curly hair was a little messy and a small smile was held up across his face

"Good morning," Josh said in a raspy voice. He sat down next to me and picked up Bowie. "I can leave whenever you want me to, just say 'go' and I'll be gone," he said looking at me.

"Good morning, umm you can stay as long as you want unless that was you asking me to kick you out so you could leave," I said smiling back.

"No no, I would like to stay as long as I can. I just have to leave tomorrow at 9 for the airport " he said. I could offer him to stay here but is that weird?

"Well, we don't have much time what should we do," I said leaning in. Eye contact between us was still going strong.

"You should come to breakfast with my brothers and me. You already met them. Sam, Jake, and Danny. He isn't technically our brother but he's close to us" Josh said standing up.

"Really? I don't want to intrude on anything" I said following him with my eyes as he rises.

"Yes, I want you there and they'll like you," Josh said. He had reached behind me for his phone when our eyes met again. This time we were closer and I saw his necklaces dangle down. That connection was broken when my ringer went out. Frannie had been calling me.

"I'm sorry I have to take this it's Frannie," I said standing up and answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello? Hello? What happened to you I thought you were dead for a second. I was calling and texting you all night." Frannie frantically yelled.