Closer

Annie's Song- John Denver

Just like I had thought those 7 days were miserable. I did nothing. Everyone was busy but me. Even Stevie and Bowie were still gone , they were with my dad. I just cleaned and worked out. I counted down the days and hours till he got here. I didn't even know when that time would be. He still didn't call or text. Just said next week to me a week ago. Not a particular day or time. I don't even know how long he'll be here.

It was later in the night around 9 when the buzzer buzzed.

"Hello Kathrine this is George, there is a man down here. His name is Josh, would you like me to send him up?" The front counter man says with his British accent.

I practically sprinted to the buzzer to answer for him to come up.

A few minutes later Josh walked through the door. I quickly walked over to hug him. It was only a week but I missed him.

"I missed you," He said hugging me and looking down into my eyes.

"Me too," I said. I thought about kissing him but something didn't let me. I don't know what that is about.

"Anyway, I'm about to finish making dinner. I didn't know you would be here tonight so I'm just making pasta"

"That's okay I'm fine with whatever," he said placing a bag next to the table.

"Can I put music on?"

"Yeah, you can choose," I said as he walked to the record player.

He choose a John Denver album called Back Home Again. My favorite of his.

The first song Back Home Again filled the air.

I was stirring the orange pasta sauce into the bowl of noodles when I felt a pair of hair linger around my waist.

I look back and up to see Josh smiling down at me. I turned around towards him now close enough to feel the warmth from his body. He picked me up and placed me on the countertop behind him. We were now at an equal level. I could now see directly into his beautiful brown eyes that had little sparks of gold. And the loose curls that surround his face. He brought a hand up moving the hair that fell in front of my face. I could see his eyes studying my face and then landing on my lips. I could feel my face turning pink as little butterflies fluttered in my stomach. A small smile grew on his face along with a quiet giggle.

Why was I so nervous? I've kissed many many men and a few girls. So why was this any different? I kissed Josh like a week ago. Why now did I feel like a girl who was about to have her first kiss?

My legs wrapped around him which brought him closer.

I wanted to bring my hands up to his face to kiss him. Again something was stopping me. I didn't know what this thing was though.

Josh slowly went closer and closer and then our lips touched.

Is it bad the three times we have kissed he was the first to go in, not me?

The slow soft kissing continued till he pulled away and got my hand and led me to the bedroom. When we first walked in he looked back at me. I nodded wanting to continue this.