Dancing

Aline- Jarvis Cocker

Yesterday we went to breakfast together. After we went our separate ways. All night long I was quiet. Frannie would not stop talking about Sam. I hadn't paid attention to that.

Instead all night I was thinking about Josh.

This morning when I woke up I went through my routine per usual. The day was like any other till I got a text.

"Hey before I leave I think we should see each other again"

Josh texted me.

"Yes, do you want to come over here?"

"I'll be there at 1,"

I had 5 hours to kick Frannie out, clean, and get ready.

"FRANNIE" I yelled from the kitchen. "Leave"

Frannie came walking out of the bedroom looking almost like a zombie.

"Why" she whined.

"I have people coming over later," I said handing her bag, shoes, and coat "go"

"Are you really kicking your best friend out for some short, curly-haired, singer?" Frannie said grabbing her stuff from me.

"Yes now go I need to clean," I said pushing her out "bye-bye love you, I'll tell you everything tomorrow!" closing and locking the door behind her.

Good. Now I can clean.

The place was already pretty neat. I just had to do dishes and straighten the couch pillows.

Next was getting myself ready. I opted for a simple cream t-shirt and dark green baggy jeans. My hair today was wild and curly and in need of a shower. But I had no time so two braids it was. I added some earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and my signature rings.

I lit a few candles and opened the curtains to see snow falling over the city. By now it was a quarter to 1 so Josh would be here soon.

For food, I post-mated a fresh loaf of banana bread from down the street. And added a glass of red wine for a drink.

Just as I finished my phone went off. Josh was calling.

"It is the white building right?" I heard Josh say.

"Yes I'll meet you down there," I said. I ran over to the door and sped down the hall for the elevator. After a few seconds it dinged and I was on the ground floor. As the doors opened I saw Josh walking through the main glass doors. There was snow on the shoulder of his coat and his hair.

"Hi" Josh said as his face lit up with joy. A smiled on his face formed as he walked over to me. Once close enough the went in for a hug. I hugged him back.

He was warm. And smelled of fresh cologne with an undertone of insenses. It lasted for a minute before he pulled away and walked toward the elevator. I followed behind him clicking the 6th-floor button. My face was now beet red and I couldn't stop smiling.

"Sorry this was last minute I just wanted to see you again before we leave," Josh said looking down over at me.

"You know you can just visit again soon," I said looking back at him.