Concert

Age of Man- Greta Van Fleet

My alarm for 7 went off. I had 2 hours till I had to be on the plane. In those 2 hours, I left the hotel, checked into the airport, got food, and was able to call my dad. By then I was just about to board the plane when I remembered I should text Josh.

"I'm just now boarding"

"I can't wait to see you! I'll pick you up near the luggage claim"

I don't know why but I was so excited. I mean I only feel like this when I'm about to go on a red carpet or see my family. I just felt fluttery and happier than normal.

I ended up falling asleep again and waking up as the rows towards the front started to stand up and leave. My being in the back I just stayed sitting and went on my phone.

"Hey I just landed"

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes. Look out for a white jeep"

"Okay thank you!"

After people shuffled out I picked my backpack up and walked towards the baggage claim. My little blue suitcase came out on the conveyor belt and I picked it up. Walking out the glass doors to my right I saw a white jeep. I could see Josh sitting in the driver's seat with a big smile on his face. When exited the car to help me with my bags.

"Here let me help you," Josh said taking the suitcase to the trunk.

"Thanks," I said

He got back in the car again, with me following behind. I sat down in the passenger seat and buckled the seatbelt.

The car smelled of incense with a small undertone of weed. It was pretty clean. There was a pair of sunglasses and a glass bottle in the cupholder. An air freshener and tiny crystal hanging from the mirror. A smaller cream-colored backpack and guitar case are in the back seat. It felt homie.

"Sorry, this was so last minute. I completely forgot about the concert tomorrow" Josh said as he sped out of the airport.

"It's fine, and anyway I'm super excited to see you guys perform!" I said.

"Really?" Josh said looking over.

"Yeah, and it's nice that you thought of me" I reassured him.

Only a few minutes later our conversation was interrupted when I got a call from my mom.

"I'm really sorry it's my mom, can I?" I said. Josh nodded his head and turned the music down.

"Hey mom" I stated.

"Hello, honey I just wanted to make sure you are okay, your dad said you went to Texas for a concert," she said.

"Yes, I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you. My friend Josh asked if I wanted to go see him and his band perform" I replied.

"No it's okay I just wanted to make sure you're all good. Did you get picked up yet?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm in the car right now with Josh," I said.

"Well I have to go tell Josh I said hi. Love you sweetie" she stated before ending the call.