Paige

Good Old-Fashion Lover Boy- Queen

I'm supposed to leave tonight for New York but Josh was trying to convince me all morning.

It started with fresh fluffy waffles when I woke up. Then a dip in the pool. Then he showed me a new song they were working on. And tried to show me how to play drums.

Did he remember last night? Is he going to block that out as well?

"Hey, so Paige and Mackenzie wanted to know if you'd go to lunch with them today before you leave" Josh brought up. "If you don't want to that's totally fine, you can just spend the rest of the day with me" he added.

"I don't know I mean I would love to go. It's just that I don't think I have time because I'm leaving tonight" I hesitated.

"You could just stay longer, I'm fine the house is usually empty anyway, it's nice to have people here,"  Josh said.

"I'll go today to lunch but then I need to leave I was supposed to get the cats a few days ago" I decided.

"Fine, they said they could pick you up around 2," Josh said.

"We have a while till then what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Movie," we said at the same time.

"Which one?" I asked as we walked to the living room.  "Do you have a favorite?"

"My favorite out of all movies is the Space Odyssey"

"I've never seen it but I've heard of it" I flopped down on the couch next to Josh.

While I was using the remote to search for the movie Josh noticed all of my rings.

"Oooo I love your rings, there are so cool," Josh said taking my hand and looking at them.

"Thank you, do you want one?" I giggled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, here my dad gave me this one a few years ago," I said taking a ring with the Cross of Lorraine off and handing it to him.

"I love it, never taking it off," he said.

What am I doing? Didn't Paige yesterday say he's only talking to me because I act? Why did I agree to go to lunch with her? Mackenzie is amazing it's just Paige that makes me feel like shit.

I was already ready so when it was almost 2 and Paige's car pulled into the driveway I hopped up and said goodbye to then leave after. I put my shoes on and quickly walked out to the car.

She had the same car as Josh it's just hers was neon teal instead of white. The car was very clean on the inside. It has a new car smell but not in a good way, it was very harsh. I opened the door to the back and jumped in.

"Hey I'm so happy you could make it!" Mackenzie says looking back at me.

Paige didn't say hello she just looked back at me through the mirror.

"Thank you for bringing me!" I said putting a fake smile on.

Paige didn't really talk to me for the whole drive till we got into the downtown area. On one of the screens on the buildings, an ad popped up.

"Wait Kathrine, you said you act right?" Paige said rolling her window down and looking out.

"Yeah, why?"

"Did you mean act as in the little small films or big-time movies?" Paige questioned.

"Damn" Mackenzie said looking.