3

-warning-

~mia pov~

Today is Monday. I'm down in the common room with Dad. We're eating breakfast and the twins and Peter come down, as well.

"Hey, guys." Dad greets.

"Hey, Tony." The twins greet.

"Hey, Mr. Stark."

"Hi, Mia."

"Hey, Pietro."

I finish eating and put my bowl in the sink, sitting back down to wait for the others to be ready.

Once they are, I give my dad a hug and we walk in the elevator. We stay quiet and see Happy just outside the building.

"Hey, Happy."

"Morning, Mia."

I get in the front as the others get in the back. I stay quiet the whole ride while the others converse.

We get to the school and walk in the building. The girls visibly drool over Pietro. Can't say I blame them.

I lead them to the office and wait to lead them to their lockers.

My dad made sure they had every class together and with either me or Peter. They have more classes with me then Peter and I'm fine with that.

We walk to our classes and they go to the teacher as I go to my seat. They sit in the two empty seats behind me.

It goes on like this for the first few classes until lunch comes around. We sit at the end of Peter, Ned, and MJs table.

"Mia!" Liz calls.

I sigh and stand up going over to her table and taking a seat.

"Who's the guy with you?"

"Pietro."

"He's hot." Her friend says.

"Why is he sitting with you?"

"You're not pretty enough for him."

"I know." I say softly, not looking up at them.

"You should. You'd be dumb to think that you were."

"I know."

"God, you're so annoying."

"Leave."

I stand up and walk back to my table. I push food aside and stare at my hands.

"Mia?" Wanda calls.

"Are you alright?" Pietro asks.

"I'm fine."

I give them a fake smile that was difficult. I look back to my hands and stay like this the whole lunch.

I get to my next class, but without the twins.

The day goes by slowly until the last bell rings and I go to my locker. A hand goes on my shoulder and turns me around.

"Why is he talking to you?" Liz asks.

"I don't know."

"That's not an answer."

"It's the truth. I don't know why he would talk to me."

"We don't either."

They bad mouth me until shoving me back and walking off. Bitches. I grab my stuff and hurry out of the school. I see Happy and get in, waiting for the others.

-

We get home and go to the common room.

"Hey, kids." Dad greets.

"Hey."

"Mia. Come here."

I walk over to him and he pulls me in for a side hug.

"What's wrong?" He whispers.

"Doesn't matter."

"It does. I wanna know."

I stay quiet and he sighs, giving me a real hug. They've wanted me to open up ever since the attempt, but I can't.

Peter, Pietro, and Wanda don't know about it. I'm okay with that, but I don't doubt that they'll find out. Maybe even soon.

My dad lets go and I sit down. Wanda and Pietro sit beside me. I get my phone out, but set it back down when I find nothing to do.

"What's for dinner?" Clint asks.

"Ain't even time, yet." Sam says.

"So?"

"What do we want?" Steve asks.

They all think for a second, throwing out ideas.

"Mia?"

"Hmm?" I ask looking up at my dad.

"What about you?"

"I don't know."

"Think."

"Throwing out a random word here. Pizza."

"That'll work." Sam says.

"Yes, it will." Clint agrees happily.

I go back to my original position. The girls voices keep replaying in my head.

You're not pretty.

You're annoying.

It won't stop. I feel a pain through my body as my feelings get hurt all over again.

I lay my head back against the couch and cross my legs above. I put my hands on my lap and play, pull at my fingers. It turns into squeezing my hands tightly.

Pietro takes one of my hands and sets it beside me. I look over at him and he smiles at me. I look away and down at my hand.

His is still close to mine and I let it stay there and lay my head back.

-

Pizza gets here and we all sit at the dining table. I sit next to my dad and Pietro sits on my other side, Wanda beside him.

I eat a slice in silence as the others converse. Laughter fills the room as the words continue to replay in my head. Not just those ones. The other times they've said anything to me.

My breathing picks up and I squeeze my hands. My knee starts to bounce. I feel my body start to heat up. My cheeks feel like they're on fire.

"Mia. You're all red. What's wrong?" Dad asks.

"I think I'm having a panic attack." My eyes water.

He turns both of our chairs to face each others. He takes my hands and I look him in the eyes as my breathing becomes difficult to control.

"Bubba, you need to calm down." He tells me softly.

"I can't." I cry.

"Yes, you can. You're gonna do it with me. Okay?"

"Okay."

He starts a breathing exercise and I try to follow him. I can't at first.

"Come on, Mia. You got this. You'll be fine."

I nod and slowly begin to calm my breathing. I take a deep breath and have to continue to try before I've calmed down enough to take another one.

"There you go." He smiles.

"Thank you." I cry.

He smiles and pulls me into a hug. We let go and turn back to the table. I lean back in my chair, deciding I'm done eating. I don't look up, knowing that they are still looking at me.

I sigh and they continue their previous conversations. The laughter comes slowly, but eventually catches on.