14

We get home and go to the common room, taking our usual seats. Pietro puts his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder with my knees up.

"You seem happier today." Dad points out.

"I am for some reason."

"Well, I like it." He shrugs.

I chuckle and they move onto a different conversation. I listen closely, letting myself add anything I want. They seem to enjoy it, so I will do it for however long they want.

-

Everyone starts to get tired and we decode to go to bed. I give my dad a hug before he goes to his floor. The rest of us go to our shared one and they all go to there rooms, but I stop Pietro before he goes to his.

"You okay, princess?"

"I am." I say looking up at him. "I just wanted a kiss. Like. The best one I've ever gotten from you."

"Why not?"

I smile and he sets his hand on my cheek and his other on my waist. He leans down as I go up and we meet in the middle.

It really was the best kiss I've gotten from him. Our last kiss, better than the first.

"Was that good?"

"Mhmm. Yes. It was great. Thank you."

"Thank you."

"I also have to tell you something."

"Go ahead."

"I get if it might, it is, be too early. But. I wanted to tell you that I love you. It is early, but I don't care. I need to say it."

"Wow. I love you, too." He smiles. "I thought it was too early, but I guess not."

"No. Not to early. Can't help the way you feel. I love you."

"I love you."

Pietro pulls me into another kiss before letting go, smiling, and speeding to his room.