Part 1

Today was the day which was not awaited by shiva. It was around 4 in evening. He stepped out of the room only to find the hall decorated, everyone ready for the function except one person, raavi. She was nowhere. 'where is she? Should I ask?......no, I should not....' he thought. He walked towards the hall and heard his dhara Bhabhi telling his mom that raavi went to her maasi as she was not well and she will return by tomorrow. Suman was not much affected. As dhara paced towards kitchen, she saw shiva standing and staring at the decoration with sad face. She went to him and said

Dh: agr itna hi bura lag rhahai toh hn kyun ki? Kyun raavi ko khud se durr kiya? Kya mila shiva? Dukh, dard.......khair jab tune thaan hi lia hai toh main kya bol sakti hu, jab tune tab nhi suna tohab kya sunega(dejected)................ja mere kamre me teri sherwaani rakhi hai, usse leke aa aur ready ho ja ladki wale aate honge......

He had no answer.

Shiva got ready heartlessly. He went to the hall. Reshma's family came. Suman was happy thinking that his son's life will be full of happiness.

Function started, ritual began.But shiva was least interested. His mind was occupied by his chipkali. He was not able to think anything except her. he was somewhere happy that she was not there in front of him, otherwise this would be more difficult for him. Pre-engagement ritual was done and now it was time for ring exchange. His hands were trembling. It was much difficult than he thought. He tried to raise his hand but something was stopping him. Yes, his love for raavi. It was easier to send her away but being someone else was very much difficult. He finally mustered upthe courage and put the ring in reshma's finger. His heart cried. This was so painful. Now, it was reshma's turn. Shiva lifted his hand as if there was no energy in him. Reshma was about to put ring in his finger when he heard a very familiar voice saying "ruk jaao" in high pitched shrill voice. All turned towards the source and found raavi standing there. Her face was pale, carrying a furious look. She walked forward with her eyes constant on shiva. She stood in front ofhim. She looked at him with hurt, anger and most importantly betrayal. She turned towards reshma giving her death glares. Dhara's, krish's, rishita's, dev's,gautum's and shiva's face lit up. Somewhere they thought that she was here to stop the engagement. She was thinking something and her chain of thought broke when question bombarded her.

Su: aye kaagdi ki bhateeji!!! Tukyun aayi hai.......kaunsa tamasha karna chati hai.........(in her usual tone)

Sh: tu yaahan kya kar rahi hai?Tu toh maami ke gyi thi na.......aur aate hi ye ruko ruko kya laga rakha hai?.....chahti kya hai tu?...(tried to be rude but somewhere his heart took over his mind)

Ra: (with a big fake smile)teri khushi me shaamil hone aayi hu............tujhse chahe kitna bhi naraj hu jaun kabhi tera bura nhi chahungi.....isliye aayi hu.....aur tu bina mere hi engagement karne chala tha.....mera wait hi kar leta.......apne soon-to-be ex husband ki khushiyoon me shaamil hone ka pura haq hai mera.........(furious look was constant)

For a moment, shiva felt that she was here for him but no she was here to be happy instead. He can see the anger behind her word. He thought that this anger was for his words, his deeds. Wholefamily, who was expecting raavi to stop the engagement, was shocked. Shiva stared raavi continuously.

Ra: (snapping her fingers infront of his face) kahan kho gya?......ab main bhi aagyi.....chal ab pehna de ring....(looking there hand)...o tune toh pehna bhi di.....chal ab pehn bhi le(taking back steps)

Su: jaldi jaldi karo.........kiski ki buri nazar nhi lagni chaiye mere bacho ko(said as she looked raavi)

Shiva was again heartbroken. he lifted his hand and reshma slided the ring in his finger. suman and reshma's family clapped. They both took blessing from elders. Shiva headed towards his family where everyone was sad. Raavi walked towards him and stood b/w him and his family.

Ra: congrats shiva!!!!!! Finally tujhe mujhse se mukti mil gyi......

Sh: tujhe bhi toh mujhse muk-

He looked down as he felt something fell on his feet. A small glass bottle of medicine with small tablets. Then, he lifted his eyes and found same tablets in raavi's hand. He got confused. He looked towards raavi only to get the shock of his life. Blood started coming out of her mouth and she fell on the ground. Shiva's world turned upside down. He rushed to her and held her head in his arms. She was still conscious and was able to understand and speak a little bit.

Sh: dev...jaldi doctor ko bula......(he shouted)....koi paani laao.......(to raavi)tu aankhe khuli rakh kuch nhi hoga tujhe.....kuch nhi ho dunga...dr aa rahe hai abhi.......(rishita brought water and try to makeraavi drink it but raavi shook her head)

Sh: ye kya harkat hai? Kya karna chah rhi hai?..........kya kha liya ye? Kyun kiya ye?pagal hai kya tu......(yelledat her)

(everyone panicked at the situation)

Ra: kya...kiya..?...sahi..kiya........tere..bina...jeene..se acha....hai...main...mar jaun.............(shiva nodded his head in no after listening her words).....tune..koi..raasta..hi nhi..choda..mere..paas..........na main..tujhe chod...paayi...na apni...self respect..ko....(struggling to speak)......tu mujhse..ek baar ..maafi..maangta..toh main.. tere..paas.. bhaagi..chali.. aati.......ppar..tune..ek baar.. bhi nhi..kaha..ke 'raavi mujhse...galti..ka ehsaas..hai...'...toh kaise...aati..main...

Sh: mujhse galti ka ehsaas hairaavi.....hai ehsaas(crying).......tujhe ab se bikul hurt nhi karunga........(caresseingher cheeks).....tu tension mat le....dr aate hi honge.......tu bas-

Ra: koi fayda nhi........ab bahut...derr..ho...chuki hai..........aaj..main..pakka..pahunch..jaungi..........acha hi..hai..vaise..bhi mujhe.. vo ..life nhi..jeeni..jis me..tu na ..ho..ya..meri..meri..self respect..na ho...............dono mere..bahut..imp..hai.......thik hi hai..tu..bhi toh..mujhe..nhi..chahta..apni life..me.............tere se..alag hoke..jeenese.. acha..hai..tera hoke...marna.........acha ..hua..divorce nhi..hua..main..teri wife ban kar..maru........(her breathing became difficult)

Sh: kya bole ja rahi tu.....kuch nhi hoga tujhe...............(to dev)dev, kab aayenge dr........jaldi bola.....raavi ki halt bigad rahi hai.......(again to raavi)tu ankkhe khuli rakh....kuch nhi hoga.............tu thik hojayegi........

Ra: main..nhi jeena..chahti..........koi fayada..nhi..hai mere..jeene ka.........tu mujhse..nafrat karta..hai...main nhi sah..sakti...isliye...ja rahi.. hu..........tujhe kisi aur ke sath....nhi dekh..paungi....isliye..jaa..rahihu..(breathing heavily)..........tujhe...mujhse..perma..nent..chutkara.. mil.. jayega......(shiva continouosly nodding his head in no and crying uncontrolably)....ab aur nhi....bola...jaaraha...bas tu..ek baat..sunele..mere.. last words............shiva..main..nhi jaanti..ki kab..kaise..hua..par.. sach..kahti ...hu ki..mujhe..tujhe pyaar...ho gya..hai.......(shiva is shocked after this revalation)......shiva..marne se..phle bas..ek..baar..bolna..chahti..hu...(unable to open eyes and stuggling to breathe).....mr.shiva..pandya.....I...love....you................

As she said this, she took her last breath and closed her eyes forever. No heartbeat, no pulse, nothing. Shiva held a lifeless body in his hands. He tried to wake her up but all in vain. His soul scattered. This was in the biggest trauma of his life. He never thought that this will happen. He screamed his heart out, 'RAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'