Part 3

Next morning, the start of the day was usual. Everyone was doing there usual work until rishita leaves for her office. Today pandyas planned a surprise party for rishita. On suman's insistence, prafulla and family was invited too. As soon as rishita left for office, they started preparation of party.

Everyone was too excited except shiva. He was unable to get over the last night. He didn't sleep whole night because as soon as he closed his eyes, the last scene of his dream flashes back. He wanted to engage himself in work but these unwanted thoughts in his mind were like chewing gum in hair. He just didn't know how to get over it. He was not in his senses. Whatever he was doing, he ended up doing it wrong. Raavi was observing this. She was too tensed. Shiva never behaved this way. She too couldn't sleep last night as she was worried for him. She wanted to talk to him but didn't know what to say. One person was there who can talk to him. It was dhara. She went to dhara, reciting the whole incident. Dhara was bit shocked because this happened to shiva many times but he became okay next day. Then, why he was not okay this time? She assures raavi and says that she is happy to see her concern for shiva.

Dhara went up to shiva who was sitting on the terrace, alone. She sat beside him on the bench.

Dh: (joking)vaise kisi baat ko na chahte hue bhi andar rakho toh, pet dard ho sakta hai......

Sh: (gave a small smile)bhabhi aapko jokes marne nhi aate.........please aise unka murder toh mat karo na........(giggles)

Dh: (laughs) kah toh tu bikul sahi raha hai...........aur agr tujhe aise jokes nhi sunne toh bata mujhe kya hua hai...(shiva turns his face towards dhara)...........subh se aise murjhaya hua kyun hai.....kuch hua hai kya shiva?..kisine kuch kaha kya tujhe?(caressing his head)

Shiva's eyes welled up. He can't resist more. He need to let out his feelings to someone. But, can't tell truth also.

Dh: (worried) kya hua shiva?...............tu ro kyun raha hai........mujhe bta toh sahi hua kyahai....dekh mera mann ghabra raha hai ab.......

Sh: kuch nhi Bhabhi (with heavy heart)............kal raat papa ki yaad aa gyi........darr lagta hai sochke ki jinse main pyaar karta hu vo mujhse durr na ho jaaye............bahut darr lagta..........(tears in his eyes flowed down)

Dh: (caressing his head) ye darr sabke liye hai......(shiva nodded his head in yes and she cont).........raavi ke liye bhi?............tu usse chahane laga hai na shiva?...

Shiva looked her with shocked expression. He turned his face around to hide his emotions. yes. He was afraid. That thought was terrific. But how to tell?

Dh: (turning his face towards her) tu kitni bhi koshish karle shiva..........inn aakho ki sachai mujhse nhi chup sakti..........

Dhara gets up and leaves.Shiva was stuck. He was going crazy because of that dream. But he can't convey otherwise his whole plan hard work he did to see raavi happy would go in vain.He didn't know how to step forward.

Elsewhere, raavi was doing preparations in the hall. It was time for suman's medicine. She was about to enter suman's room when she heard suman talking to someone about shiva. She leaned closer to the wall to hear things clearly. She heard suman saying "aree...aap chinta kyun karti ho........talaq hua nhi hai par hone hi wala hai.....................aree hn...........aap aa jayiye, aaj shaam, bache mil bhi lenge..... ji ji.........jai somnaath....".Raavi was shocked. Suman was talking about shiva's marriage, sorry second marrige. It was not the first time, but raavi always got shock of same intensity whenever she heard this. Something inside her breaks and tears flows down without taking her permission. But still she need to stand strong, for herself and her self-respect. She entered suman's room with heavy heart and tried her level best to hid her emotions. She quietly gave suman medicine and turned to leave but she stop by suman's words.

Su: (with big smile) aee raavi tujhe pata hai.....aaj vo rashmi aa rahi hai......party me.........uske maa baap bhi aa rahe hai......dono mil lenge toh acha hoga..........aree hua toh hi sagai kara dungi dono .........haaye mere bache ko kisi ki nazar na lage.......

Raavi didn't turn back and walked out of the room. She ran to the kitchen, sat in a corner sobbing. She can't hold back her tears. This was hurting her so badly she can't tell. Herheart was aching. Seeing shiva with someone else was most painful sight to her eyes. This pain was new to her. She didn't experience this even when dev left him on the wedding altar and held rishita's hand. She was not this much hurt. She was confused with her feelings.She wanted to live with shiva, wanted to be his. Imagine him with someone else just broke her heart into 1000 pieces. What was this feeling? Her heart answered love, this is love. Before she could process anything, anita entered kitchen looking for dhara. Raavi wiped her tears and stood. She noticed her. She was sure that raavi was crying. She took a glass of water and gave to raavi.

An: (concerned) raavi kya hua? Tu ro kyu rahi hai.....kisi ne kuch kaha kya....shiva ne kuch kiya ...... fui ne kuch kaha kya?.........tu aise ro kyun rahi bol.........

Ra: (hugged her tightly and cried) di, main bahut hurt hu.........nhi saha jaa raha mujhe ab.......(crying)

An: kisne hurt kiya tujhe bol? Kya sehn nhi kar pa rahi tu?........mujhe bata...hn.........

Ra: (getting control on herself and realising that she need to be strong) kuch nhi di......bas aise hi.........(giving a fake smile)aap toh jaante hi ho koi thoda sa kuch kah deta hai toh main aise hi emotional ho jati hu........

An: (suspisiously) kaki ne phir se shiva ki shaadi ki baat chedi..................(gave a side hug to raavi) raavi agr itna hi hurt hota hai toh bol kyun nhi deti shiva ko ki tujhe talaq nhi chahiye.......kah usse ki tu use pyaar karti ha, nhi rah sakti uske bin............

Raavi's eyes widen after hearing anita's word. Her reflex told her to refuse.

Ra: (startling) di...ye aap....app kya bol rahi ho..........aisa ..aisa kuch bhi nhi hai.......aap galt-

An: (cutting her) bas kar raavi....kab tak denial me rahe gi.....tu accept kyun nhi kar leti ki tu shiva se pyaar karne lagi hai...............raavi ye jo dard tujhe ho raha hai na ye sirf tab hotahai jab aap kisi ko chahte ho par vo aapse durr ja raha ho............raavi apni feelings ko accept kar .....

Ra: (angrily) kar bhi lu toh kya...........vo toh nhi karta na kuch feel mere liye........toh kya ho jaayega agr main apni feelings accept kar lu.......(with sad voice) vo mujhse nafrat karta hai di...........bahut nafrat.......isliye toh mujhe divorce de raha hai......mujhse alag hona chahta hai........ (with firm voice) aur di yahan baat sirf meri feelings ki hi nhi, mere self respect ki bhi hai...........shiva ne jo bhi mujhse kaha vo bahut galt tha............aur iss baat ka toh sayad usse ahsaas bhi nhi hai.........agr main apni self respect chodke shiva ke paas vapas aa jaun toh bhi main khush nhi rah paungi.......aur na voh khush rahega.........isse acha hai ki rishta toot hi jaye.......(tears flowed down her eyes)