Part 2

RAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'...............

He sat up on his mattress trembling and breathing heavily. His heartbeat was running faster than rajdhani express. He was in his room, sleeping at the entrance. This was a dream, sorry not a dream, it was a nightmare. The worst nightmare he can ever see. He face grew pale and his forehead was sweating. He was relaxed as he didn't shout while seeing it. He looked for raavi but she was not on her place. It was midnight. Where was she? For a second, his heart skipped a beat. He ran out and looked for raavi. As he looked, he found raavi sleeping on swing with her books open. May be, she was studying and she slept there only. He was relieved after seeing her. he can bear any sight but raavi dying in front of his eyes, no he can't. he was still in shock after seeing this nightmare. He was walking towards raavi with his eyes constant on her and face carrying fear of losing her. he didn't observe the metal bucket on his way and bumped into it. Raavi woke up on hearing the sound. She turned towards the source of sound and found shiva standing there. Her heart sank on seeing shiva's condition. His pale face covered with sweat with fearful expressions made her nervous. 'What on the earth happened to him?' she thought. She ran towards him and asked

Ra: shiva, tu thik toh hai? Kya hua? Itna paseena aa raha hai, ankhe bhi laal ho rhi hai.......pure chehare ka rang udd gya hai.....teri tabiyat toh thik haina?.....(touched his cheek and forehead)

Shiva didn't react. He just stared her like a statue. Raavi held his shoulder and shaked him.

Ra: tu sunn raha hai main kya bol rahi hu?.......bolna, kya hua hai?.........(concern was evident in the voice)

Sh(wiping his sweat): main thik hu......kuch nhi hua....main thik hu.....

Ra: lag toh nhi raha......tujhe dekh ke toh lag raha hai ki jaise koi bura sapna dekha ho.......koi bura sapna dekha kya?.........

Shiva looked towards her. his face was telling her that yes. Raavi could easily read his face. She got that it was a nightmare only.

Ra: tu idhar aa(draaging him towards the swing).....yahan beth ja.......main tere liye paani laati hu......(went towards the kitchen)

As she left, shiva got stuck to the quarrel b/w his mind and heart.

Heart: agr sach me usne aisa kar liya toh.......kahin usne apni jaan lene ki koshish ki toh.....

Mind: nhi karegi vo aisa....sab tera veham hai.......usse tujhse pyaar nhihai.....kyun karegi vo aisa.....

Heart: pyaar mera department hai......main decide karunga ki pyaar hai ya nhi..........pyaar dono ko hai........isliye bin kahe samjh jaate hai....

Mind: practically soch.....pyaar hota toh divorce nhi hota.........pyaar nh-

Heart: pyaar hai.....practically sochne ka kaam tera hai.....mera nhi..............

Chain of this quarrel collapsed when raavi came back with water.

Ra: ye le pee le..........(sat beside him) tu thik toh hai shiva..........aisa bhi kya dekh liya sapne me?.........

Sh: kuch nhi .......bas aise hi(turning his face away)

Ra: shiva tu mujhse share kar sakta hai...........maine kabhi tujhe judge nhi kiya, na hi karungi...........(with soft voice and a little smile of assurance)

Shiva looked at her. he wished he could tell her what he saw. But his mind was still overpowering his heart. It was giving him practical proof that she don't want to be with him.

Sh: kuch nhi...bas sapne me papa ka antim sankaar dekha........aur main panic ho gya........aur kuch nhi............

Ra: I know tu unhe bahut miss karta hoga........main samjh sakti hu tere pain ko........(tear fell down her eyes).......maasi maa humesha kahti thi 'jab aapke apne aapko chod kar chale jaate hai toh vo taare ban jaate hai'..........(pointing towards the sky) dekh vahin kahin honge kaka bhi........

Shiva smiles at her words and looks towards the sky. Raavi knows this pain. She can understand how it feels.

Sh: hmmm......tere mummy papa bhi vahi kahi honge......

Ra: hn vhi hai......vo dekh.....vo rahe, ek saath......(pointing towards twostars...........tears flowed down her cheek but she was still she was smiling)................

They both stared at sky full of stars with slight smile on their faces.For a moment they forgot that this was short lived. They were getting divorced soon.

Ra: (looking towards the sky) sabko ek na ek din jana hi hota hai.............ekdin main bhi chali jaaungi, mummy papa ke paas...

Shiva startled at this. Whole scenario of his dream started replaying itself in front of his eyes. He turned towards raavi who was still looking atthe sky. His heart sank after hearing her words. Tears flowed down his eyes. He got up paced towards his room hurriedly. Raavi got confused at this. Before she could stop him, he ran to his room and closed the door. She was not able to get what just happened.